PC games, Pinball is my favorite

tmpc

I started PC gaming many years ago, I am 68. I mainly did racing games and pinball. I started pinball in the MS DOS days and had to make boot floppy discs with EMS and XMS memory to play some games, i believe Eight ball deluxe was one that needed this special memory to play. I liked the challenge to make these games run almost as much as playing them. I was always hooked on racing games, or should i say sims and still race today. Then i discovered visual pinball and with alot of help from the forums , i kind of know what i am doing now. I loved the racing games that i could download more cars and tracks and now with visual pinball, well this is so much fun.

I am still very active with racing but pinball is at the top right now. 

Thank you to all the content creators and this community for all the fun i am having. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had (and still have somewhere) both of the Amtex games Eight Ball Deluxe and Royal Flush.   They were AMAZING for what they were back in the day.  On one of the CDs they had a coming soon, and I remember Fun House was one of them, I can not remember off the top of my head (just woke up) what the others were.   I still play them occasionally in DosBox.  I will have to load it up later to see what the tables were that were never released.   Microsoft Pinball Arcade was also a good one, and of course the Pinball Dreams franchise.   This was SOOOOO much better on the Amiga back then than it was in DOS, but Dos version was still good.    If you really like pinball, get an Oculus Quest 2 headset!!!!  I can not say this enough!!   You SWEAR you have a real table in front of you.   There are about 100 or so tables that have been created to VR, but ANY TABLE in your collection will work!!   That is my new favorite time waster.   You have to try it!