"Default Audio Launch" playing over "Loading"

cwpyrant

I have an issue where the default "audio launch" (which says: please wait, I'm now loading up the game, have fun) is playing along with the audio included in my 
"loading" MP4 which I selected in media manager. So two questions:

1. Can the default audio launch be removed from an individual table, without selecting new audio in media manager?

2. Can the default audio launch be removed from all tables?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, mbp27 said:

Hello, I removed the default lauch audio, but the table audio plays together with the loading audio (from the video). Is there a solution for that?

I had the same issue til I tried a bunch of things and fixed it.

• The lack of launch audio is exactly what is causing your problem. Table Audio doesn't get triggered to stop when you launch a game or when a Loading video plays (even if the Loading Video has embedded audio). As a result, the front-end continues playing the table audio and piles the Loading video's embedded audio on top of it. 
  • If you have the custom option FadeoutLoading=1 in your global Scripts for popper that fades the Loading Video and audio in/out (as I do), it seems to further exacerbate the problem by causing the audio embedded in the Loading Video to sporadically not play at all, or start playing much later in the loading process (often JUST as the table is loading). 

SOLUTION for both problems:  Use the Launch Audio field as a "Loading Audio" field.  Launch Audio triggers the front end to stop the Table Audio! Unfortunately, this does mean that you can no longer use the Launch Audio field as a dedicated Launch SFX field.  For me, this isn't a big deal, but maybe it is for others.

These steps may not make sense at first, but there's a method to the madness.  Hear me out and follow the steps below:

1.) Open Media Manager

2.)  Copy your Loading video file to the Launch Audio field (Yes, the audio box accepts video files as well!)

3.)  Right click your Loading video file and choose Convert  

4.)  In the Convert menu, choose the bottom option to Mute Audio

5.)  Test playback of the copied video in your Launch Audio field.  If it's too quiet / loud, you can use the Convert menu, there are options to increase or lower volume by 50% and they can be used as many times as you'd like

Now you'll be able to have Table Audio play back while browsing the front-end menu, and then the audio will consistently and seamlessly cut over to the Loading Video along with its audio when launched. 

Edited by fudgeycaca
Clarify information

• 4 months later...
On 7/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, fudgeycaca said:

I had the same issue til I tried a bunch of things and fixed it.

• The lack of launch audio is exactly what is causing your problem. Table Audio doesn't get triggered to stop when you launch a game or when a Loading video plays (even if the Loading Video has embedded audio). As a result, the front-end continues playing the table audio and piles the Loading video's embedded audio on top of it. 
  • If you have the custom option FadeoutLoading=1 in your global Scripts for popper that fades the Loading Video and audio in/out (as I do), it seems to further exacerbate the problem by causing the audio embedded in the Loading Video to sporadically not play at all, or start playing much later in the loading process (often JUST as the table is loading). 

SOLUTION for both problems:  Use the Launch Audio field as a "Loading Audio" field.  Launch Audio triggers the front end to stop the Table Audio! Unfortunately, this does mean that you can no longer use the Launch Audio field as a dedicated Launch SFX field.  For me, this isn't a big deal, but maybe it is for others.

These steps may not make sense at first, but there's a method to the madness.  Hear me out and follow the steps below:

1.) Open Media Manager

2.)  Copy your Loading video file to the Launch Audio field (Yes, the audio box accepts video files as well!)

3.)  Right click your Loading video file and choose Convert  

4.)  In the Convert menu, choose the bottom option to Mute Audio

5.)  Test playback of the copied video in your Launch Audio field.  If it's too quiet / loud, you can use the Convert menu, there are options to increase or lower volume by 50% and they can be used as many times as you'd like

Now you'll be able to have Table Audio play back while browsing the front-end menu, and then the audio will consistently and seamlessly cut over to the Loading Video along with its audio when launched. 

Worked Perfect for me.. THANK YOU!

• 1 month later...