Starting VPX from Pinup Popper locked at 30 fps?

Hi All,

I have been playing Vpin cabs for several years, but only last week did I decide to have a go at pinup popper. Used the baller installer and it set everything up pretty well. But, I noticed when using pinup popper to start a vpx table (with either a b2s backless or pup pack), the table seems locked at 30fps. But, when I fire up the same table from vpx, without the frontend running, I get close to 90 fps.

On nail buster's website, I found a startup flag for future pinball, but not something similar for VPX: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_future_pinball&s[]=fps 

Is there something I am missing?

My cab specs:
Core i7 4790K
16Gb RAM
GTX1660 Super

4k PF
HD backglass
HD DMD

I know its a lot of pixels to push, but using MSI Afterburner, the GPU nor CPU are working hard. So, hardware does not seem to be the bottle neck. 

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

im having the exact same issue. can someone give us a hand? when i put in preference settings vsync to 1, they are block at 30fps and my tv is 60hz, i tried the fps limiter to 60, when i press f11 i see the 60fps but i really doubt that its working at 60fps. its no smooth. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 5:41 PM, Attaball said:

Hi All,

I have been playing Vpin cabs for several years, but only last week did I decide to have a go at pinup popper. Used the baller installer and it set everything up pretty well. But, I noticed when using pinup popper to start a vpx table (with either a b2s backless or pup pack), the table seems locked at 30fps. But, when I fire up the same table from vpx, without the frontend running, I get close to 90 fps.

On nail buster's website, I found a startup flag for future pinball, but not something similar for VPX: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_future_pinball&s[]=fps 

Is there something I am missing?

My cab specs:
Core i7 4790K
16Gb RAM
GTX1660 Super

4k PF
HD backglass
HD DMD

I know its a lot of pixels to push, but using MSI Afterburner, the GPU nor CPU are working hard. So, hardware does not seem to be the bottle neck. 

Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat here. Running the table directly out of vpx... everything is smooth. Starting the game out of pinup popper i get balls stutter. For example with "Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire" & "Batman 66". 

I solved the problem by changing the launch script. I changed the line:

SET FSMODE=DisableTrueFullScreen to SET FSMODE=EnableTrueFullScreen

That did the trick for me. Hopefully this helps.