Subscription System now active

Dazz

• Content Provider

Well now it looks suspicious that I uploaded here today.  I hadn't checked the announcements this week, honest!

Will be subscribing as soon as I'm at my computer again 👍

System is way too generous to the free level I think, but you know the site activity better than I do.

• Content Provider

I am all good for a voluntary subscription model to help the site and the community in general, but keep it wide open for the non subscribers as if they are limited, they will seek their content somewhere else and we all know where that is. 

• Administrators

UPDATE:
Looks like PayPal doesn't like subscriptions that do not require a renewal, IE Lifetime.  I've added Stripe as a payment processor.  If you have problems using  PayPal; please select Stripe.

I'll donate again to subscribe but I think you are overpaying for storage/traffic by a large amount, but I don't know your infrastructure or site traffic so will assume you are doing what needs to be done. You might want to consider limiting the size of what you are willing to host as some of these table packages are getting stupidly big with either bloated pup packs or ridiculously sized media files. You shouldn't have to host tables packages that people are too lazy to optimize the size of a bit.

• Administrators
Just now, njk70 said:

I'll donate again to subscribe but I think you are overpaying for storage/traffic by a large amount, but I don't know your infrastructure or site traffic so will assume you are doing what needs to be done. You might want to consider limiting the size of what you are willing to host as some of these table packages are getting stupidly big with either bloated pup packs or ridiculously sized media files. You shouldn't have to host tables packages that people are too lazy to optimize the size of a bit.

I'm pretty sure with changes that I made during my last maintenance; things are under control.  Downloads/traffic have more than quadrupled from prior to VPinball shutdown and I only foresee this increasing over time.  Things here are just now getting started.  My server is extremely stable, CDN is very fast and downloads are really fast.  I think being able to provide this kind of service to members is worth it.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, 0xACE said:

Strange. Wondering why my badge shows "VIP - Class". Have not seen that on any other profiles.

Because you were VIP before VIP was cool... I think that was from previous donation or you did something/helped someone in the forums.  I don't recall...

I subscribed as soon as I saw the option. This hobby has been like therapy for me, it's well worth any cost. From the contributions of the talented  members of this community, I was inspired to build a complete cabinet from scratch to try and get the best experience possible from these fantastic recreations (and original) tables. I also really enjoy the tinkering aspect of this hobby, from adding and/or tweaking hardware to learning to get things working just right, it keeps me physically and mentally agile (therapy part). Your work in preserving this legacy is greatly appreciated. The talent of the artists and programmers who utterly amaze me with their work, needs to be preserved as a hobby. I can't thank you and the talented members that make up this fantastic community enough.

• Content Provider

Wow...a lot has changed since I've been away.  Work is killing me right now.  Sad to say...not a lot of time for pinball 🙁.  I think this is all great and I will definitely continue to support this site as much as can.  It would be extremely sad to lose another key VP site.  VPinball was bad enough!

Thanks @Dazz!!! 

• 3 months later...

Excited to subscribe right after my next paycheck. I didn't even know about the "beer me" option. Gonna have to take advantage of that too, to keep creators motivated.

35 downloads a day for free is very generous. I mean I don't have the time in a day to install 11-12 tables/b2s/wheel/pup, adjust lighting/view angle, get them dialed in to my liking, record/still attract mode, and then play until I know the rules.

I started on this hobby right before my jobs opened back up, and in 2 weeks I got 300 tables installed, tuned, etc - but didn't really spend much time playing them... Now I'm happy when I add one new table on a day off, and this is the first site I check. Early access seems like a really good boon for subscribers!

I like the other site too, of course, but it doesn't seem like it's a competition, more of a collaboration, in the same spirit as creators working together.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. You may as well make money doing it too!

Cheers! ~Snap

I for one appreciate you man!  and all this effort.  as I"ve said to people many times.  this is work and money.  my server costs me $100 a month and i haven"t even let anyone in yet.  i will be subscribing soon to now that i read this.  thanks again

I agree that the number of free downloads is generous. Ten daily downloads would be fair. You could also promote VIP subscriptions by previewing some exclusive content if the creators are cool with that.

At any rate, I’m signed up and thankful for the site admins and all the creators.