[New VPX Alert]Iron Maiden Virtual Time [IMVT]

• Content Provider

Iron Maiden Virtual Time [IMVT]

Iron Maiden Virtual Time [also called IMVT]

v1.0.1 (2020)
by Franck Hollinger (Aka Mussinger) and Herweh on Codes 

Original Table Mod based on Laser War developed by Herweh (2019)

I hope you'll enjoy this table and all the adds !

Very special thanks to Herweh to let me mod his table, for his special code scripting skills.

He added all the fun parts special for IMVT I was wishing (Ball Save, Eddie Madness mode, Fear of the Dark Mode , sound track changer, and a lot more...)

Thx for everything he helped and teached to me !!! Very pleased to work with you man !

Special thanks to Dcrosby for his work on 3D elements and lights integration help !

I don't forget everybody who contributed to the Laser War table : Schreibi34, OldSkoolGamer, Francisco666, ICPjuggla, Flupper, Dark, nFozzy, DJRobX, RothbauerW, Mark70, Thalamus, digable.

Thx to the VPX development team for the continous improvement of VP.

Big Up for my friends and beta-testers : Rik L. and specialy to Ludovic D. from MTC who support me and my craziness Night and Day !!!!

Also thanks to:

- Carlos Andre, a big Iron Maiden Fan, who helped with the Music selection and explained me part of the band story :)
- My friend David Maldonado for his daily support, graphic advises , brain storming ...
- JPJ for his help and solutions to some issues.
- Thanks to virtual pinball Facebook communities, specialy: The frenchy one "Monte Ton Cab" !! Scott's "Orbital creators club", "VP Nation", "Visual Pinball Addicts", "Visual Pinball Junkies"
- and , I have to thank my wife Vero for the hunderds of hours she let me pass in front of the computer!

... Sorry if I forget somebody :)

Trailer :

https://youtu.be/C1d4E6MNqtI

For all guys who think this it's "just" a graphical mod of "Laser War": Yes, it is BUT IT IS A LOT MORE.

Here some ideas to extend the ROM based ruleset. So we have:

– a 15-second ball save

– 7 additional targets to start a change-track-mode for the background music

– an extended multiball mode called "Eddie madness"

– some very cool surprises like "Fear of the Dark"

– maybe 40 female and male voice samples, triggered by special events during gameplay

– a very cool background music rotation mode: Just throw your music files into the "music" folder, name them like "Iron Maiden – …" and they will be included in the music rotation

– and a lot more.

Have fun and enjoy!

Release notes: 

Version 1.0.0 : Initial release

Version 1.0.1: 
- Some bugfixes and improvements 
- New voice sample for ball-1-locked 
- Voice sample changed Ball Save + Kick Save 
- New option to avoid the intro-f*** sample 
- Fixed a bug when during ball save mode the multiball was started 
- A bit of friction add on the rampe to slowdown ball return 
- Added FlexDMD support 
- Reworked the LEDs a bit

FOR YOUR INFO:

If you encounter performance issues, try to set some of the objects to "Static rendering". Open layer 7, select all screws and/or locknuts and select "Static Rendering" in the options window

Or try to disable "Reflect Elements On Playfield" in the settings.here a bit of the “Game play”

Play it some times you’ll discover things…

1 Ball Lock gives a second Ball , if you lock it quick enough you’ll receive the 3 balls multiball
if not enough quick, it unlock the 1st ball … you have to lock both to get the 3 balls MB.

When 3 Balls MB, you have Eddie Madness ready, hit the ramp and get 2 more balls , then you run Eddis Madness  mode 5 balls MB ! and get unlocked “Can I play with Madness” in the track – list ;)

After any MB mode , Fear of the Dark training will open 15s (5s more each later MB)
This gives you practice for the Fear of the Dark Mode (FotD)

FotD is hidden in the Music track change as a locked song , select it and you’ll have to play blind the full song intro of FotD (1m40s)
If you do so , you’ll win the mode and unlock the song Fear of the Dark track in the list.

To change track , shoot down the 7 yellow targets and hit the magnet.

——————————————————

Easter Egg : ???
In Attract Mode , when music plays (have some Credits in the machine)
hit the flippers : RRLLRRLLRL
Repare : LRLRLR
Spin Eddie : RRRLRRRL

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/27/2021
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/6256-iron-maiden-virtual-time-b2s/
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    No
  • VP Version
    v10

Totally looking forward to playing this table.  Downloaded it right when I got home from work.  I have ballar installer installed along with tables, pup packs working, DOF etc....but any clue whey I can't play it? I tired loading it though VPX first and it freezes...

Looking forward to playing it soon.

Thanks oh so much!

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, Fire78 said:

Totally looking forward to playing this table.  Downloaded it right when I got home from work.  I have ballar installer installed along with tables, pup packs working, DOF etc....but any clue whey I can't play it? I tired loading it though VPX first and it freezes...

Looking forward to playing it soon.

Thanks oh so much!

Thanks Fire78,

Please verify if you placed well the Mp3 files , check if the UltraDMD (or FlexDMD)  work well and look into the script to choose the one you use. 

Also be sure having the Rom lwar_a83

44 minutes ago, mussinger said:

Thanks Fire78,

Please verify if you placed well the Mp3 files , check if the UltraDMD (or FlexDMD)  work well and look into the script to choose the one you use. 

Also be sure having the Rom lwar_a83

Hi mussinger,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes I have the Rom,PM3 files in the music folder, and have changed to FlexDMD in the scripts.  I don't think I have a problem with UltraDMD or FlexDMD as other tables I have use them and they work fine.....I will keep trouble shooting...

Thank ya!

Ola mussginger,

Well I guess we have a problem with UltraDMD and /or FlexDMD.  I disabled DMD in the scripts and now I can load the table and play.  But the DMD is just your basic one and says Laser war.  Any ideas what to look for thats going wrong with the DMDs?  I have other tables running them and its fine.

Thanx again.  Just gonna go play that table for a bit before I trouble shoot again!

HI mussigner,

Me thinks I gots it!!  Lol after fiddling around with checking this and checking that.... I renabled FlexDMD,  and actually didn't check the use external DMD and boom.... She works! Thank you again for help and for this table!!!

No kids,  no wifey at this moment so I'm turning up the volume!!!

20210430_132827.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Fire78 said:

HI mussigner,

Me thinks I gots it!!  Lol after fiddling around with checking this and checking that.... I renabled FlexDMD,  and actually didn't check the use external DMD and boom.... She works! Thank you again for help and for this table!!!

No kids,  no wifey at this moment so I'm turning up the volume!!!

20210430_132827.jpg

What did you do to fix it? I'm having the same issue. Other Ultra and Flex work fine, and this runs with the setting at 0, but either Ultra or Flex just crashes.

• 3 weeks later...

**EDIT - I was being daft and got it fully functioning. Best table i've played to date.

Hey, hoping someone may be able to help and please excuse my ignorance as i'm only just diving into this hobby. I've got Visual PinballX installed and i've downloaded the table and got it loaded but I can't seem to add credits no matter what I try, just keep hearing the No Credit No Game voice line and although i've hit the add credit button a million times it doesn't seem to do anything.

Feel sure i'm just idiotically missing something but if anyone is able to tell me what i'm doing i'd be greatly appreciative!

Edited by Tobysk
Solved the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot get the music to play, no matter what I name the file in the music folder. The latest name I have is what the instructions say "Iron Maiden - " but it still won't play at all. The mp3's in the file DO play properly when I click on them (Windows media player plays them).  I read the script and it does call the music in that folder name "Iron Maiden - ".

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, Tobysk said:

**EDIT - I was being daft and got it fully functioning. Best table i've played to date.

Hey, hoping someone may be able to help and please excuse my ignorance as i'm only just diving into this hobby. I've got Visual PinballX installed and i've downloaded the table and got it loaded but I can't seem to add credits no matter what I try, just keep hearing the No Credit No Game voice line and although i've hit the add credit button a million times it doesn't seem to do anything.

Feel sure i'm just idiotically missing something but if anyone is able to tell me what i'm doing i'd be greatly appreciative!

I just installed the table and have the same problem. I'm new to this. so you recall what you did to add credits? I haven't encountered any button control issues on other tables, but I also haven't played any tables that require me to add credits.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

First off I LOVE this table, fantastic job!  I've got it working perfectly with the Pup pack on a 2 screen cab setup.  The only issue, although a small one, is the music is louder than the table sounds and call outs.  It sounds fantastic, I mean it Maiden right, but it would be nice to hear all the callouts as they are a big part of the fun of the table.  I have tried to adjust the music settings using the F12 menu, but it's really not helping.  Is there anyway in the script to turn the music down or better yet, the callouts up?

• Content Provider
17 minutes ago, Shadowsclassic said:

First off I LOVE this table, fantastic job!  I've got it working perfectly with the Pup pack on a 2 screen cab setup.  The only issue, although a small one, is the music is louder than the table sounds and call outs.  It sounds fantastic, I mean it Maiden right, but it would be nice to hear all the callouts as they are a big part of the fun of the table.  I have tried to adjust the music settings using the F12 menu, but it's really not helping.  Is there anyway in the script to turn the music down or better yet, the callouts up?

You can import the MP3's into a sound editor program like Audacity, and lower the decibal level on the MP3's, or

You can up the volume on the callouts by going into the Sound Manager...

You can control the volume with settings in the Sound Manager.

Click on the sound file in the Sound Manager, and then click the Position/Volume button.

The far right slider on the window that pops up is for the Volume, which you can raise or lower each individual sounds volume.

Capture.PNG.39e8c15d3c7f849b145ce6dff2e93584.thumb.PNG.c19b1b34335a8def271679d98071d6cb.PNG

16 minutes ago, xenonph said:

You can import the MP3's into a sound editor program like Audacity, and lower the decibal level on the MP3's, or

You can up the volume on the callouts by going into the Sound Manager...

You can control the volume with settings in the Sound Manager.

Click on the sound file in the Sound Manager, and then click the Position/Volume button.

The far right slider on the window that pops up is for the Volume, which you can raise or lower each individual sounds volume.

Capture.PNG.39e8c15d3c7f849b145ce6dff2e93584.thumb.PNG.c19b1b34335a8def271679d98071d6cb.PNG

Thank you Sir, that is just what I wanted!

• 2 months later...

I have some issues with flippers being either unresponsive or sticking in the up position. This table and maybe 1 other of my over 600 downloaded tables have this issue. Too bad because it looks like an awesome table (If it worked).

UPDATE. Works fine in VP 10.8 Release Candidate 5.   Not any good in previous 10.7 versions.

Edited by Brian_Frank