VPX 10.7

tmpc

First i would like to thank all the people working on this update. I am just using the exe. file for the 10.7 tables as not to cause problems with all the 10.6 tables. By using just the 10.7 exe., are the new physics being used or would i have use all the 10.7 files for that?

Looking forward to more tables being converted  to 10.7.

There is no real physics changes between 10.7 and the 10.6 series. Except that in 10.7 you can add falloff to walls. JP Salas has started taken advantage of these and that is why you are seeing him releasing new tables as 10.7. It simply is easier for him to achieve what he wants. I don't know if Knorr did take advantage of this or not. I never checked, but, it would not matter much either for a end user playing. IF the table was created early in the 10.7 beta period, you should even be able to play it with 10.6. But, I don't recommend it though. Now, with some releases back, there where a breaking change, so if you take a 10.6 table, run it with 10.7 and press save. Well, then you need to use 10.7 afterwards or the table will loose it's graphics, looking all white.

So, if you are only playing, don't change anything - 10.7 is what you should be running now in my opinion. If you fiddle much with tables, and are in fear that there still exists bugs that can break the table in any way, which I should add, is not very likely. It can still be a valid choice to stick with 10.6.

So, to conclude. Only 10.7 tables taking advantage of the new feature is the ones where you might see change in physics. Playing 10.6 tables in 10.7 should be the same, if not the devs descide to add something new. 10.7 is still to be considered beta you know :)

• 1 month later...

StarWars Bounty Hunter 2.0/2.1 worked well in VPX10.6, but no longer loads in 10.7.  Is there an easy fix to this? (other than using 10.6)?  This is the only table I have tested that does not work in 10.7--but it is an awesome table.  And since all new tables will be made using 10.7 (or many), I hate to not benefit from new tables.

18 minutes ago, Jondar said:

StarWars Bounty Hunter 2.0/2.1 worked well in VPX10.6, but no longer loads in 10.7.  Is there an easy fix to this? (other than using 10.6)?  This is the only table I have tested that does not work in 10.7--but it is an awesome table.  And since all new tables will be made using 10.7 (or many), I hate to not benefit from new tables.

Are you on the Latest - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&hl=