2 or 3...that is the question

Darkstar

Super simple question. 

I’m buying the parts for a new rig and decided to get a very normal set up. A 4K for the playfield, a 15.6 for the “DMD” and a basic 32 inch for the back glass. 

The video card I have has technically 3 outputs. 

Here’s the  actual question. In Windows, will this set up be 2 screens or 3?  

The reason I ask is I tried messing around with an old computer, with 2 normal displays....The “DMD”/15.6 shows on the screen as it should, but the back glass is always wonky, off to the side. I’m curious if that is a resolution setting, or as per the set up stated in the first sentence, I’ll be wanting to use 3 outputs....or just 2  outputs (as to say the 2nd screen as far as Windows is concerned “splits” so it’s the 15.6 AND the 32 inch display....the 15.6 and back glass are #2 only)

Hope that makes sense. Really what I’m asking is very simple, it’s just a bit hard to express properly. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Darkstar

You have three separate screens, so this will be a 3-screen setup of course.

Jut make sure that the screen layout in Windows display settings is the following: Playfield screen on the left, backglass screen to the right of the playfield and DMD to the right of the backglass.

This setup works fine for me with no confusion which screen is which. The Windows screen numbers don't matter, they will be assigned depending on what connection you are using for which screen.