Troubleshooting Working Popper install after migrating to new PC

Magius74

I was wondering if anyone had advice or suggestions on the best way to take a working setup of of Popper and moving it to another PC. I ask because, surprise, I am having an issue and I wonder if I missed something obvious.

I had popper working with VPX, FP, FX2 & FX3 and PUP packs for certain Pinevent tables and such. I spent 10 weeks learning how to install everything, I say learn but really I just followed all of Terryred and Nailbuster's guides and videos. Anyway everything was working on my office PC.

When it came time to transfer it all to my new "Pinball" PC I made sure to setup a Drive Letter and folder name exactly as they were on my Office PC so that all Paths would stay the same.

I realized early on that this was not all I needed to do in order for it all to work on the new Pinball PC. I had re register things like B2S and Player and Popper and DOF (I think). Now everything works on the new machine, Except Pup Packs.

At first He Man in VPX would not run the PUP pack at all, but after editing Scrip in Popper and setting DOF to true and then reinstalling DOF. He man is working, and I assume any other PUP packs for VPX I install in the future.

But when it comes to FX3 and Future Pinball I continue to have issues.

In FX3 the table (deadpool) launches and plays fine but the pup pack just doesn't run. No media is played.

In Future Pinball it's a disaster. Tables like Jaws and F-14 crash future pinball and dump to desktop. I have to hit esc and go back to popper. The emulator loads and then the table loads just fine. I even see the Pup media start to play but then it starts to stutter and then the crash.

I even see errors reported in windows event viewer. Everytime I run those tables in FP I see errors in event viewer for Futurepinball.exe and UltraDMD.exe. They are application faults that point back to a problem with an unhandled exception in .net.

I did check my .net install and I am using 4.8

Anyone have any ideas on what I could look at next. I am stumped. If I can think of something else to look at or try I am thinking I will have to start all over again from scratch and go one step at a time. Probably take weeks more of work.

Archived