Script Error

23 minutes ago, B0SSMAN72 said:

When I add an extra ball I get this error . It has something to do with shadows, and it even happens when I have throw an extra ball to test things. Can someone tell me how to fix this script so I can have two balls on the playfield at the same time.

https://i.imgur.com/kKqVWyb.jpg

Look for "tnob =" in the rolling script. The number should match the number of items in the ball shadow array.

This game is made for maximum one ball ... tnob is a common abbreviation used for number of balls. If the table used ball shadows and you add a ball via 'b' pr. example, all hell will break loose. In most tables, it isn't a big problem increasing that variable.  But, yeah, if becomes a problem if that ball is trapped or lost in some way and you add a ball and it is told to use a new shadow that just isn't included in the table.

• Content Provider

@B0SSMAN72 - I am no script genius but if the total number of balls is 1...then you will always error out with multi-ball games.  What is the total number of balls you can have in the table?  Here is a suggestion....set it to 5 and see if your issue goes away.  That's my way of scripting. :) All trial and error.

Ok, this will error out as soon as you introduce two balls. It is only built for one.

Duplicate your ball shadow on the table and name it BallShadow2.

Change line 545 to

Const tnob = 2

Change line 682 to

BallShadow = Array (BallShadow1, BallShadow2)

• Content Provider
4 minutes ago, bord said:

Ok, this will error out as soon as you introduce two balls. It is only built for one.

Duplicate your ball shadow on the table and name it BallShadow2.

Change line 545 to

Const tnob = 2

Change line 682 to

BallShadow = Array (BallShadow1, BallShadow2)

So that is why I have a ballshadow1...2...3...4...5.  I always learn something new every day!  It makes sense...a shadow for every possible ball.

Anything kickers imo now needs a so called playfield mesh in order to be fun to play. VP has still some "bad defaults", kickers is one of them and drop targets using legacy mode is another. From the video, I don't see really what is going on though.