Idea how to deal with 16:9 backglasses and 4:3 one at the same time

Aetron

Hardware
Hi to all, since i am using a vertical screen for backglass and dmd i ran into a not so nice situation with popper. 
(couldnt find 17" 4:3 screen to use for backglass and had 19" left over for free thats why i have done it like this)

Problem:
When you set your backglass to 16:9 u get cut off backglass videos.
But when you set backglass window to 4:3 some tables who uses popper for backglass look ugly to.

I set my topper screen in Popper to a 4:3 ratio and on same potision as backglass screen 16:9 ratio. 
For backglass-recordings i know use tpopper-recording and 16:9 backglasses look as they should. 
To fill the gab under the 16:9 backglasses i fill in some "toppers" ForcedPack in the PupPacks.

Sound a little bit weired but works pretty well. 
Attached is a screenshot of my whole 2nd. screen and one of the toppervideo i use bor backglass in Popper. 
I hope this isn't some kind of illegal mod. 

Screen2.PNG

Topper_Video.PNG

backglass.PNG

Topper.PNG

Now when i got a new table i just record playfield, appron and topper and alle media i popper is right and everythings looks like it should. 
I only use PupPacks when needed because i dont like to watch a DVD i like to game :) 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, bietekwiet said:

I like your solution. Creative and looks good.

meanwile i correct aspect ratio of fulldmd to 16:9 and moved ALL Videobackglasses to DMD. Specially tables from Orbitalpin or early tables like Road Blues (based on orbital Beatles)  where a bit tidious and needed some edeting in the script. 
For the most of tables there are now Screen Conversions that can be found here https://vpuniverse.com/files/category/132-screen-conversions-add-ons/

Stranger Things got a seperate Table with FullDMD Option: 

Pizzatime got a seperate FullDMD extention (Look at FacebookGroup there is a Megalink the font you need is called Gameplay) but this whill only ADD bigger FullDMD. You can just move the regular Backglass to FullDMD in the script and use this b2s.
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=47325

PizzatimeFull DMD Addon:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/598007691051435 (use the search for the keyword pizza and get the megalink). 

Depends on table i made a static B2S Backglass or used a free PUP-Screen to show a basic Image. But now i dont have to bother anymore with any false aspect ratio and the whole cabinet is streamlined in its appearance.
image.thumb.png.9afacfd21f2dd8e1462bfd5da4d1650f.pngimage.thumb.png.ff9f9278867766380c22c53676c8948d.png

I AM A BAD PINBALL PLAYER AND DONT KNOW HOW THE VIDEOMODES (HPGOF, PT) WORK WITH THIS OR NOT ! 

Edited by Aetron