Plunger setup

JamieP

The next step of modding my pinball cab is going to be filling an analogue plunger. I already have a KL25z in there for nudge so have pinscape set up and ready to go

Just one question while I'm waiting for delivery of the potentiometer (I ordered the wrong size and Log scale by mistake the first time before reading the instructions properly), is there any other rookie mistakes I should be aware of while setting it up.

Spent today in the workshop rigging up a bracket so hopefully ready to go once the delivery arrives

IMG_0002.jpg

I found the potentiometer setup very straightforward (followed Mjr's guide). 

One thing: Don't worry about orientation of the potentiometer- the Pinscape calibration allows you to reverse the orientation in software (I worried about this when I installed mine and realised I wired different than I did on my test rig).

Ok, it is in and working :) also got ZB Launch going to after a couple of attempts. 

However now the DMD keeps hiding behind the backglass again , thought I had fixed that ages ago for almost all tables but it has come back :( ... Off to trawl for solutions

Know that db2sserver that Nailbuster coded has that turned the other way around as default. I believe that the upstream code is still on sourceforge, and last I checked it used the default the other way around. But, yes, easy fix if you know where to look.

@ThalamusThanks I probably need a b2s update, will have a check what version I have.

I was also trying to swap my flippers over to leaf switches at the same time as you have suggested to many.  But I'm sooooo tight on space around the flipper and magnasave buttons I had to stay with the chinese arcade buttons :(...for now. The good news is the old buttons are really light and don't feel a huge difference, just wonder how long they'll last

On 4/12/2021 at 11:20 PM, Thalamus said:

:) - And, I nag about a real tilt bob often too ;) I understand the problem with limited space. I could not fit my exciters exactly where I wanted them, but, still,  they work pretty well. Good luck with that build of yours.

Again space limited my choices with a tilt bob...so I made my own, it works but it think needs a little adjustment next time I'm inside. I guess that is the comprimise with a 3/4 cab

IMG_1425.JPG