O Brother Where Art Thou WIP

Onevox

• Content Provider

Thought I’d fire this up here. Lots of progress since I last posted at Vpinball. Added Fleep’s sound package per Rothbauerw tutorial but kept most of Loserman76’s EM sounds. Fleeps sounds are pretty intensive on my SSF so I may need to tone them back. Reworked the Wire ramp so the angle is better and now it’s all wire. Hope to post a video soon. I’ve been playing it a lot to test, and still have a fair amount of work to get it to beta stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

A lot, actually. I was settled on the playfield and game flow, but got stuck on getting the script to do what I wanted on bonus payout and with all my crazy ideas.  @scottacus asked about it and offered to help, and has pulled the game out of the mud with a fresh new script and game flow improvements. We're working out a couple of logic things, putting the finishing touches on it, have a little physics work to do on rubbers and a few PF tweaks, and it should be ready for testing soon. I think it's a lot of fun. I hope we captured the spirit of the movie.  Stay tuned.

Nice. You starting creating this, made me watch the movie. So, I'm happy to hear that you guys are working hard to capture the spirit of the movie. I enjoyed it more than I expected at first to be honest. I guess the same can be said about Zissou, would never have seen it if wasn't for it being mentioned on a thread :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

After more than a year, "O Brother Where Art Thou" is in beta testing with several of those who have been following along, first at vpinball, then here. This had gotten mired in scripting mud until Scottacus asked if he could help. This become a collaboration between us, with some major improvements by bord.  Thanks, gents.