Site slowness & disabled uploads

Dazz

• Administrators

The VPUniverse server has been moved to a Virtual Private Server and file storage over to Amazon S3. Unfortunately, things are still being moved around and may still take a while. Lets just say that I am currently at a little over 12% of the processes since yesterday morning...  The site has been turned back on, but we will continue to see slowness until the background processes have been completed.  File Uploads is currently disabled and File Downloads may be lead to broken links until these background processes have completed.  If necessary; the site may go down or back into maintenance mode at any given time without notice. 

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.   

• Administrators

Thanks Dazz for keeping the site going and using your own time and money to do it... we will get through this..  Just do what you have to do to keep us up and running ?:D 

You need anything just ask ?

• Administrators

The host figured out what was causing the slowness since moving to a Private Server...  The database was still being hosted on a shared server that was located in a completely different data center.   They migrated the database over to the new server and everything seems nice and fast.

34 minutes ago, JFR1 said:

Hm.  I found the donate button the other day...and I did.  Next day, site goes down for days and Dazz is off playing frisbee golf in Taho or somewhere.   

I think I donated to much.  

Thanks for all the time you're putting into bulking this place up!

you know, attitudes like that are not needed . Just because you “ donated” doesn’t mean you are owed anything.

Archived