Newbie to Virtual Pinball needs some advice.

Srotten

Hi all, I'm brand new to this world (I just learned about it 1 week ago), needless to say I have jumped in with both feet.  After spending the weekend watching lots of videos (thanks Terry Red, Major Frenchy and Nailbuster, along with many more for your great videos). I installed all the various software they recommend in my test bench, but I have a question for you all.  I am building a cabinet for my 84 year old mother for Christmas, she still actively plays Pinball FX3 and is pretty good to boot.  Anyway, The plan is to only have Pinball FX3, and use their front end in cabinet mode.  I want to install a few Solenoids, Shaker, Nudge, Plunger and Surround Sound Feedback.  The plan is to use the Pinscape Lite board for all the brains.

My question is, What software do I absolutely need just to run Pinball FX3 in her system with those "toys"?  Seems like VPinball and Pinup Player shouldn't be necessary but I really don't have any experience with this.  In my mind I should only need DOF and DOF linx, and B2S for what I'm trying to build.  I'm sure I'm wrong about that so please any direction you can offer is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Mark 

Archived