Pirates of the Caribbean colorization (POTC) Colorization FINISHED

• Content Provider

Hi! It's me again. Almost finished first full colorization for Stern S.A.M system game ( but not sure, maybe somebody made it, but i didnt know about it  ). So almost all scenes is colorized. Here is version for vPin - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/dWyc/FFjBe8U4n (actual updates and last version for vPin users will be available by this link). Not work propertly at this moment bonus multipliers and light timed lock. All other scenes should work fine. All current bugs will fixed ASAP. I will be glad if you left feedback how it works on virtual pinballs. Version for real pinball will be avaliable when all bugs will be fixed. Who want get colorization when it will be ready for real pin, can send me messages via personal messages.

PS: Donations welcome https://www.paypal.me/vbobrusev :) 

Here is preview:

Enjoy!

• Content Provider
12 minutes ago, starac said:

To me the colors are mixed, some red appears...

v.pin ROM potc_600as

The credit title is doubled

Now I don't know all the othercolor table work quite normally

Tnx man.

image_2021-02-01_170908.png

This project uses 64 colors !! Currently not supported with Freezy

• Content Provider

Pirates of the Caribbean is finished for pin2dmd. This is not a rom patching colorization - this is fully colorized game via pin2dmd editor. Who need files for real pinball - send me messages. Working on v4.02 or later.

Final preview with fixed and added scenes. Version for vpin is also updated in link in first message.

• Content Provider
28 minutes ago, Chesco said:

Pin2dmd programed with 4.05 for POTC.

Is it advisable to program in the future all´s the new Pin2dmd devices with this firmware 4.05 for use with Williams, Bally, Stern ...?
Or is it better to do it with 3.20?

Thanks.

Depends on which firmware was colorized current game.

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, Chesco said:

Pin2dmd programed with 4.05 for POTC.

Is it advisable to program in the future all´s the new Pin2dmd devices with this firmware 4.05 for use with Williams, Bally, Stern ...?
Or is it better to do it with 3.20?

Thanks.

Always use the latest stable which is right now 3.20  although it should make no difference.
But 4.x will get stable soon

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

vpin version was updated. Fixes with scene "Light Timed Ball Lock" now its was made by Layered Color mask. Better displayed on vpins and real pins than early. Who got colorizations for real pins, please re download your personal link. Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi there from germany,

i get an STERN POTC a few weeks ago from private Ownwer.

I have some problems with "colors mixed up" in my POTC.

Mixed colours in the scorering displayed.
Sometimes the score is displayed in red, then again in orange as it should be i think, 
then in red and white mixed, sometimes even in yellow and white.

Sometimes even the service menu is mixed with colours also, every combinations of colors.
The animations run correctly and looking so brilliant ! Great work @vbobrusev.

Did anyone have those problems also ?

Put some pictures and videos in my dropbox.
Link > https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/0ac4ykb38vkbi4tza9dfu/h?dl=0&rlkey=ygxzf2tff004m106j35d6457t

I use firmware 4.37, same problems with 4.23. I read today that someone rolls back to 4.10 ?!

Also tested another PIN2DMD, other ribbon cable. No changes. Poweradapter works good. Stable 13 Volt average all the time.
What i not tested is a different micro sd card. Forget that yesterday, sorry.
Is it possible that this would fix problems ? Micro sd card bad ?

Best regards, Holger

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Flens said:

I have some problems with "colors mixed up" in my POTC.

It looks like the mask for the scoring is breaking. It's possible that all combinations of 2 players or more aren't masked or the amount of credits you have set isn't masked either. There is also the possibility of the scoring format/number format could be different from what the colour file was based off or also other settings.

Could you try with say 1 credit and a 1 player game and see if the problems are there?

Hi Terranigma,

thanks for quick response.

I forget to say that the problems also exist when just one player.

Scoring and credits starts all in red. When shooting ball into play, scoring turn to orange and credits to yellow.

After that, the "mixed colors" began. Also when more then one player.

Edited by Flens