Capturing dumps from VPinMAME

Good Evening (morning?) Everybody,

I've been digging through the forums and quite a few of the how-to's, but I think I'm either missing something obvious and/or I'm just not searching for the correct keywords.

I understand how to capture dumps from a real pin, but that method doesn't appear to apply in regards to capturing from VPinMAME. 

How do I get setup for capturing dumps from VPinMAME (or is there something else I should be using)?  Is there a how-to article floating around?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it! 

• Content Provider

Since the question is in the PIN2DMD section I assume it is about dmd dumps. You can get dumps by creating a folder called DmdDump where VPM is located. In order to record frames, enable "Show DMD" AND "Use external DMD" in VPM. Finally, use Gzip to compress the resulting .txt file in order to load it into PIN2DMD Editor.

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Since the question is in the PIN2DMD section I assume it is about dmd dumps. You can get dumps by creating a folder called DmdDump where VPM is located. In order to record frames, enable "Show DMD" AND "Use external DMD" in VPM. Finally, use Gzip to compress the resulting .txt file in order to load it into PIN2DMD Editor.

That's exactly what I needed! Thanks again!

Archived