Pull .ini instructions

vakaobr

Hello there guys,

In the configtool landing page we have the instructions about how to setup the pull ini app:

Added the DOF Config ini pull program made by Zarquon, that you can execute at the start of your Windows session of your cab, or your frontend.

If your cab is connected to the internet,you can use the program and you won't need to generate files from the configtool site, it will be automatic

The parameters you will need to adjust for your environment are :

1. SET LCP_APIKEY = Your_API_KeY that you can find on My account tab
  2. SET LCP_VPTABLEPATH = the windows path in your cab where you store your ini files

I would like to suggest we update this instructions, to something like:

Added the DOF Config ini pull program made by Zarquon, that you can execute at the start of your Windows session of your cab, or your frontend.

If your cab is connected to the internet,you can use the program and you won't need to generate files from the configtool site, it will be automatic

The parameters you will need to adjust for your environment, in the .bat file are :

2. SET LCP_VPTABLEPATH = the windows path in your cab where you store your ini files

The best way to use this is put the files in the pull ini zip to your directoutput config folder (normally C:\DirectOutput\config).

An additional setting which can be added to .bat also its the following three lines, which allows the script to unzip the downloaded file and remove it automatically (the current behaviour don't tell the user it need to unzip and replace the files):

REM extract and delete the .zip file
"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e directoutputconfig.zip -y
del directoutputconfig.zip

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, scampa123 said:

Where is the actual tool to auto-pull the ini files??  Is that part of the Direct Output download or a separate application?  I'd like to try it...It was not obvious to me as to where to find it...

Thank you!!

It is on the right side of the DOF website  --- DOF Configs Ini Pull Program (v3.0)

Follow the directions on the website not the ones in the read me file

• 11 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 12:37 PM, vakaobr said:

The parameters you will need to adjust for your environment, in the .bat file are :

The best way to use this is put the files in the pull ini zip to your directoutput config folder (normally C:\DirectOutput\config).

My directoutputconfig20.ini is unzipped in my tables folder, I thought that was the place to go?

I have this folder, but don't know if I'm actually using it? C:\vPinball\DirectOutput\Config

Till today I was annoyed that every time I auto started Pinup Popper I saw the CMD from the DOF Config ini pull on top above the video.

But now I minimized the output of the .bat so that's better of course.

Best thing would be if the execution was invisible.

I tried to use this as a vbs script, but nothing happens:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\vPinball\Tools\dof_configs_ini_pull.3.0\ledcontrol_pull.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

Any idea's?

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting this old-isch thread...

Kinda new to all this but while setting up the ini pull program I noticed that:

1) instructions on the DOF Config tool home page is good for the setup of the batch file.

image.thumb.png.80938511c3031889729e9c3c82127e74.png

2) while instructions inside the batch file are wrong:
image.thumb.png.f9e8c4ddffdd5d0606ebd6fe4b798312.png

So I had this setup wrong from the get go following the bat instructions.  Could this be updated for the next guy?

Also I love the suggestion to auto delete the downloaded zip file above (thanks @vakaobr ) but I guess that's up to each person to add it!