doubt about realpin 4 color palettes

kbueno

Hi,

just a question...

when I place the 4-color palette files on the SD card provided in this link , I rename it to pin2dmd.pal.  but when I configure for a realpin the PIN2DMD is in the colorprism 3.16 image. 

when I remove the 4-color palette file from the SD card, the display goes back to work and I noticed that the manufacturer I configured again reappears. 

I tried to configure the manufacturer in the display settings again with the 4-color palette file on the SD card and the image keeps it in the same place (colorprism 3.16).  On my sd card it has only the files: activation key,  .dat file (automatically generated) and pin2dmd.pal (4 color palettes).

For virtual pinball with the altcolor folder I don't have this problem. 

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 11/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, lucky1 said:

problem fixed in version 3.18 on github

Hi Lucky, just doing up some pal files for someone and I got this issue on 3.18 too

I have to set to RAM mode otherwise the screen is blank. Is that the correct way or should it would without changing settings too?

Thanks

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Which hardware ? Could you attach the file ?

The latest EVO Hardware 1.3 - I have tested my own files as well as ones from the archive you uploaded a while ago. I have just tested another now so I will attach that. 

If you would like a video let me know. Basically it boots the Pin2dmd logo, then it looks to be loading the pal file and then the display goes blank while it is getting data from the machine. I've only tested in a real pinball machine so the input to the Pin2dmd is coming from a Bally/Williams. If you pull the SD card and restart the image comes back, no custom palette though.

pin2dmd.pal

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Terranigma said:

The latest EVO Hardware 1.3 - I have tested my own files as well as ones from the archive you uploaded a while ago. I have just tested another now so I will attach that. 

If you would like a video let me know. Basically it boots the Pin2dmd logo, then it looks to be loading the pal file and then the display goes blank while it is getting data from the machine. I've only tested in a real pinball machine so the input to the Pin2dmd is coming from a Bally/Williams. If you pull the SD card and restart the image comes back, no custom palette though.

pin2dmd.pal 56 B · 1 download

Thanks ! Now I could reproduce and fix the problem.

New version 3.19 on github

Archived