SLow Load Time / BG flash

Hi everyone,  I have an issue when using altcolor files that some tables take 10 ~ 20 seconds or so to start pinmame.   I am using freezy 1.8.  In searching it looked like this may have been addressed, but where can I find 1.8.1 or 1.8r122 ?  It seems like I can find the source but nothing compiled.  

Is it true that if I use Lucky's dmddevice.dll it will break pup videos(I read Lucky's would fix the delay)?  I got that idea from nailbusters wiki "also, if you are NOT using freezy dmddevice.dll, like perhaps you are using luckys' pin2dmd dmddevice.dll then you will not be able to use any puppacks that use PuPCapture (most will in the future)."

Thanks for any help,  trying to reduce this load time and also solve some other issues with a couple tables puppack tables that blink the backglass when videos are played on the DMD.  Harry Potter, TAS superman and Batman. 

54 minutes ago, polishedball said:

Hi everyone,  I have an issue when using altcolor files that some tables take 10 ~ 20 seconds or so to start pinmame.   I am using freezy 1.8.  In searching it looked like this may have been addressed, but where can I find 1.8.1 or 1.8r122 ?  It seems like I can find the source but nothing compiled.  

Is it true that if I use Lucky's dmddevice.dll it will break pup videos(I read Lucky's would fix the delay)?  I got that idea from nailbusters wiki "also, if you are NOT using freezy dmddevice.dll, like perhaps you are using luckys' pin2dmd dmddevice.dll then you will not be able to use any puppacks that use PuPCapture (most will in the future)."

Thanks for any help,  trying to reduce this load time and also solve some other issues with a couple tables puppack tables that blink the backglass when videos are played on the DMD.  Harry Potter, TAS superman and Batman.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/freezy/dmd-extensions/history

The newest Freezy's did solve the load time on the troublesome altcolor tables,  but the newest freezys breaks the DMD for the ghostly unmentioned table.  Only 1.7.1 seems to work with that, so it seems like slow load time and every table I have working or fast load time and a table that nolonger has a working DMD.  

Thoughts or ideas on this?  

Does Lucky's file break pup playback as mentioned in the pup wiki? 

46 minutes ago, polishedball said:

The newest Freezy's did solve the load time on the troublesome altcolor tables,  but the newest freezys breaks the DMD for the ghostly unmentioned table.  Only 1.7.1 seems to work with that, so it seems like slow load time and every table I have working or fast load time and a table that nolonger has a working DMD.  

Thoughts or ideas on this?  

For GB you need to use the DmdDevice.dll from Freezy 1.71 in the VPinSPA Folder
Use Freezy 1.8 ( newest freezys) in your VPinMame Folder
When using Lucky1 DmdDevice.dll there will be some puppacks that will partially work or won't work at all

3 minutes ago, outhere said:

For GB you need to use the DmdDevice.dll from Freezy 1.71 in the VPinSPA Folder
Use Freezy 1.8 ( newest freezys) in your VPinMame Folder
When using Lucky1 DmdDevice.dll there will be some puppacks that will partially work or won't work at all

Thank you

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, polishedball said:

Normally it should work when you use freezy´s dmddevice.dll as secondary by renaming it to dmdscreen.dll. That way you can use both my dmddevice.dll and freezy together.

16 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Normally it should work when you use freezy´s dmddevice.dll as secondary by renaming it to dmdscreen.dll. That way you can use both my dmddevice.dll and freezy together.

When I have both in the VPinMame Folder, IS there a way of turning off Lucky1's Dll file if I have the DMD my LCD screen

Archived