Super Mario Colorization

In my travels I have found a Super Mario colorization. However I have not been able to get it to display correctly. I think you have to edit a .ini file but have been unsuccessful at finding that info. Also are there any more colorizations for VPX DMD users? I think colors make it more enjoyable. Also will the fix for this help the Mary Shelly's Frankenstein display better? Thanx in advance.

#18  2 years ago

JOE

lucky1 

Pinside member

Btw. I had to fix the pinMame driver (dmddevice.dll) to enjoy your project with Visual Pinball. I ran into a bug because you used ColMask in your project which is not supported for very early Gottlieb machines. Now it is working perfectly and looking beautiful.

This is what I have been able to find. However can't find the fix for the dmddevice.dll to get this working. Sent a PM to the fixer he/she told me to ask in the forum. So I asked.

@djinfinity907  ---  Are you referring to this

With Freezy or Lucky1"s  dmddevice.dll   &  Sambuild_r4906 , this is the correct combination to solve the problem with missing colors in Super Mario & Street Fighter II
With a newer Sambuild you lose most colors in these games - Super Mario & Street Fighter II and there may be others

Per Rappelbox
On newer pinmame and 1.8.0 dll no lower brightness frames are displayed, meaning the 33% and 66% frames are missing and only 100% is showing up, independent from chosen color.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/241

Archived