DOF Mystery - Experts Needed

cv2065

Hey all. I’m running a Sainsmart 16 to fuse block  to LEDWIZ. I’ve got 10 contractors, shaker and beacons. I thought that DOF didn’t support a 16 relay Sainsmart, so I ordered  2 sets of 8 relays that I haven’t hooked up yet. However, I did config a file in DOF for one 8 relay Sainesmart and installed it.  I am operating out of VP right now as I’m finalizing my tables, testing content, etc.

That said, as I was messing around in a couple of tables today, my DOF turned on! My contactors worked, beacons were going off, etc. Even more interesting is that my flipper contactors and beacons are not on the first 8 relays of the Sainesmart 16, yet they worked.

So, before I switch out my Sainesmart 16 for two 8’s, anyone know why I’m getting play with all toys despite only having one 8 relay setup in DOF Config?

Also, DOF starts out great with every table, but cuts out a couple of minutes into play. Doesn’t come back on until I reboot the same or another table. 

I’m wondering since DOF does not officially support 16 relays,  then maybe something weird is happening that causes operation then shuts down. I’m also not running through Pinball X yet, so wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Thoughts?

Never hurts to put pictures of your hardware
You have a Sainesmart 16 relay board hooked to an LEDwiz - That will work with DOF
LEDwiz does not need a cabinet file
Independent Sainesmart 16 board will not work with DOF

14 hours ago, outhere said:

Never hurts to put pictures of your hardware
You have a Sainesmart 16 relay board hooked to an LEDwiz - That will work with DOF
LEDwiz does not need a cabinet file

Independent Sainesmart 16 board will not work with DOF

Thanks for the reply Outthere. So, if I have my contactors and shaker running through the Sainesmart 16 board, and DOF doesn't support the Sainesmart 16, how are they operating? I ask because the more I play with it, the less I'm seeing a cutout of the DOF while playing. Wondering if I need to replace the Sainesmart 16 with two Sainesmart 8's, or just leave it alone. I will be pulling my screen over the next few days to install a couple more things...I'll take some pics and add them.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, outhere said:

DOF doesn't support the Sainesmart 16 Relay USB  board
IF you have a Sainesmart 16 Relay board being controlled by a LEDwiz DOF will work

Ah, that explains it. I wasn’t aware that there was a USB based 16 Sainesmart board as I have the one controlled through the LEDWIZ. Although DOF only has 8 programmable port assignments, it must still read all 16.   Do you know why it might be losing connection periodically?

Sainesmart Aren't the best thing to be using - Low on Functionality and reliability
1st you have to figure out if your LEDwiz is losing connection or if the 
connection between the LEDwiz and your relays are losing connection

It's possible that the relays aren't working correctly... I believe there's an indicator light on the
board every time a really goes on So if the light is on and the item isn't working that means the relay is bad
I know I have seen it were people have their USB ports turning on and off
Some computers are set up so the USB will go off if it's not being used all the time check your bios or check windows maybe

This is what I use with my LEDwiz instead of Relays And allows for variable speed on a shaker
which some games go faster and slower and the shaker
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=42657#entry433088

On 7/28/2020 at 1:28 AM, outhere said:

I know I have seen it were people have their USB ports turning on and off
Some computers are set up so the USB will go off if it's not being used all the time check your bios or check windows maybe

Just to follow up, this suggestion worked and now my DOF is in full swing. Thanks for the assistance!

Archived