Super Mario Bros Bullet Animation sequence issue

Sorn

Hey all. First time pin2dmd user here, be gentle :)

I have a SMB with this DMD and I noticed on the bullet bonus the animation colors don't fully come to display on screen until after you jump over the first pit. Since you cannot see the floor/background you just have to blindly guess, but if you are successful then all the elements suddenly come into view and you can successfully continue the rest of the animation doing the run/jump. I've figured out through repetition that if I jump about 2.25 seconds after mario shows on the screen I can sometimes jump over the invisible pit, and the moment I do the floor/background suddenly appears.

I have turned the brightness up to its highest setting and I have tried 3 different color palletes (light blue, white and another) and all 3 give the same exact behavior. I suspect its not a color/brightness issue as everything displays fine after you jump over the first pit, and when you beat the game there is also a running animation as well that you do and that one also works fine.

If you have advice for me on how to troubleshoot / resolve I would love to look into it to help diagnose the issue.

The board is running 3.10 firmware.

48 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

A video and a dump of the scene would help

A video I can do. What do you mean by dump of the scene? I will need detailed instructions if this is a feature of the pin2dmd......

16 hours ago, lucky1 said:

https://pin2dmd.com/tool/ point 1.3

Which Gottlieb mode did you set as devicemode ?

SMB needs Gottlieb V1

Ok, I updated to 3.14 and it fixed the issue :) Which is hilarious because I spent a ton of time getting the environment up for dumping the log file and my camera only to have it work just fine on first try lol.

Archived