Real Pinball PIN2DMD Issue

Hi Everybody,

I have installed a PIN2DMD into my real Flintstones pinball and it is really cool to see it working in colour. Thank you to all of you here who have made this project work!

I just wanted to check a couple of minor issues:

1) On a lot of the screens the colourisation is different top to bottom. I have attached a photo. I am not sure if this is what the creator of the colourisation file intended, or if I have an issue with my PIN2DMD. It just seems like an odd choice if the author intended it to be this way...

2) There is a small humm from the subwoofer when the low beats go that wasn't there before the PIN2DMD was installed. Is this normal? I am fine with it if it is normal, but I just thought I would check.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

DMD.thumb.jpg.e97741467058ed71f0b6b876967dcf7c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
6 hours ago, Andypc said:

Try turning the pin2dmd brightness down and see if the reduces the sub woofer humming noise

That indicates that your power supply is too weak and gets to the limit. Probably the capacitors need to be renewed 

Thank you so much guys. I will give this a go.

Just a quick question: this sounds like it will address the sub woofer humming noise. Is the power supply issue also affecting the colour irregularity (top to bottom), or is that a separate issue?

Thanks in advance...

Archived