Colour files for real pins - AC/DC and ST Pro/Prem/LE

Can someone explain how to get the colour files set up for these games? I see the ROM patch files listed in the download section and they have comments saying that you need to contact the author for files for real pins. A few of them have been created by Sharkky who doesn't seem to be around here or on Pinside.

I've also noticed that there are macro files for these games in the Pinball Browser repository. Is the setup for these games similar to Metallica where you need to patch the original binary, create a serial cable and drop a couple of files on the SD card?

I can't seem to find any info on this or this is the best kept secret.

Thanks for any input!

• Content Provider

Exactly the same like Metallica. 

all you need to do is the following:
- download the pinball browser software from here: [ http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser ]
- register the software (paypal olivier for a license)
- download the rom from the sternpinball.com website
here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code

- get the macro and smartdmd.txt file (which contains the palette information)

- launch the pinball browser software, and then load in the rom file
- from the 'smartdmd' button, click the 'configure your smartdmd device' button, navigate to where the smartdmd.txt file is located and select it (this is one of the files that I emailed you)
- from the 'macros' button, click the 'load' button [folder icon], and select the macro (.pbm)
- click the 'run' button
- click the 'save as' button [disc icon w/ pencil] to save the new .bin file
- copy the .bin file to a usb drive
- re-flash your machine with the new .bin file

If the macro is based on the serial patch of pinball browser, make a serial connection to the SAM board as described here https://pin2dmd.com/pinball-browser/

Use the pin2dmd editor to convert the smartdmd.txt to a pin2dmd.pal file and copy that file to your SD card

Thanks for the instructions Lucky1, which I've followed successfully for Metallica. I guess I'm struggling with a couple of things here. I see all of these macros in the repository. Where do I find the smartdmd.txt files and how do I know if they need a serial connection? And are we limited to just these games? For example, the zip for Big Buck Hunter in ROM patch download file contained the smartdmd.txt file. I can follow all the steps but how do I know if it needs a serial cable or not?

And there are some games in the ROM patch download section with later revision numbers that tell you to reach out to the author which I've done in some cases but I've received no response. I'm always happy to donate for the time and effort people put in on this stuff. It just seems difficult to locate files in many cases.

pbb.thumb.jpg.511730c5b3f6d89ed3db564d81e69596.jpg

• Content Provider

SmartDMD.txt file sometimes gets generated by the macro. If you need help with pinball browser you better ask in the thread on pinside.

I only used the StarTrek file because thats the pin I own.

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, lucky1 said:

SmartDMD.txt file sometimes gets generated by the macro. If you need help with pinball browser you better ask in the thread on pinside.

I only used the StarTrek file because thats the pin I own.

hi lucky where can i get smartdmd.txt for star trek prem  and thepin2dmd.pal file everything else is patched i think but its all in brown colours

star trek.gif

Archived