P-ROC Earthshaker Aftershock

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Development thread here -

I have the beginning of a port to make the game code more VP friendly -

I've cloned Scott Danesi's project repository and made a new branch called ESASforVP

This is not yet a working project. We don't have sound or music assets and there is no timeline for completion. At this point, I'm simply facilitating development and building interest. I'm not aware of any release versions of Earthshaker for VPX. I know @32assassin has put out some working betas.

So far, disabled logging.

Still to do - 

Incorporate fakePinProc simulator

The project makes use of the original alphanumeric display hardware where CCC had its own virtual DMD renderer. So, display information must be communicated via dB2S or PuPDMD or whatever. Remaining patter calls seem to be dealing with the scoring display. Don't think that dB2S supports alphanumeric display dimming.

FastFlips support

The original project was designed for use on a prototype machine. I haven't delved into the code very deeply to see if the code supports 'collapsing' the building into the playfield as the early production units could do. More into on the Earthshaker prototypes here:

http://www.billyseven.net/es/Earthshaker.html

Modified game code is here:

https://github.com/CarnyPriest/earthshaker-aftershock/tree/ESASforVP

THIS IS A MODIFICATION OF THE ORIGINAL CODE
DO NOT CONTACT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THE P-ROC PROJECT ABOUT THIS GAME CODE - THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE PROJECTS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Thanks for your interest. This is not yet a working project. We don't have sound or music assets and there is no timeline for completion. At this point, I'm simply facilitating development and building interest. Having @32assassin officially releasing a VPX version of Earthshaker doesn't hurt.

• 1 year later...

Archived