Finally Back to it

Firebat138

Hi All, Eric here.  I have actually never been a part of this forum but was very active on arcadecontrols, Hyper and etc for a long time.  After a death in the family and getting laid off, Dazz I feel the pain.  Six years later, actually almost seven Im back in action.  I WAS the graphics designer for an architectural company.  3D Modeling and etc for 18 years, but now after ten years of brewing beer at home Im the Head Brewer for a brewery down my way, been here six years now.  My MameGear arcade took a dump several years ago and im finally getting it back up and running.  I cant get Hyperspin wo work at all, but it took me forever to get everything coded and working before.  I just have to put in the time.  Finally stating my PinWars build.  FINALLY.. Hell, its good.  Ten years ago when I started Three screens would have cost me thousands.  lol  So its a good thing.

This was my cabinet 

SNC00631.jpg

and this was my pin artwork

yodaside1.jpg

So I havent been a part of the community for a long time and all I knew was vpforums tables.  lol  I had no idea there were so many new ones.  Thank you all for the great work and time and effort.  I have to build a new pc.  VPX will not run on the current pc I have.  Just gotta upgrade.  

Money is no object here, jk, but seriously.  I was thinking of getting the real PINDMD 3  Seems like the way to go, I actually have a third monitor to use but it looks so cool.  Thoughts and any suggestions are appreciated.  Cheers all, if anyone is ever down the eastern shore maryland area, look me up at Tall Tales Brewing for a pint

Sorry to hear about your personal losses - Not fun for anybody
Having another 3-D Modeling person for the hobby would be great and of course more beer
As far as front end there are 3 main ones now -> Pinup Popper Player, PinballY, and PinballX
http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40679&hl=
https://www.pinballx.com/Home.aspx

Your Mame cabinet looks very cool...
As far is a 3rd monitor a lot of people are starting to go with the new Stern design

Thank you, yeah, its ok now...  Tis life as the kids say...  Tell me more about the Stern design, or a link would suffice.

Yeah man..  Been using 3D Studio Max for like 20 years or so.  I do all the social media here and animations.  3D modeling cans and etc. lol

This was SIMPLE, just texturing on the can, but it WOWS the crowds here  lol

Ummmmm ok yeah.  lol   thats what i need then.  hell  i have like 5 old 19" monitors.  lol  Is that what all the kids are doing these days, and I say kids but I assume we are all older.  lol.  I never had the patience for this when I was a kid.    I assume there are tons of tables in VPX that use this technology and if it has an old DMD then I can position it on the screen

• Administrators

Yo Firebat! Good to see you here, my friend!

Lots have changed in this hobby... Pinup Popper frontend really brings some really great things. Freezy's DMD really makes DMD's pop now.

I recently re-built the whole backbox on my cabinet.  Using a 27" backglass, 15" video screen, Pin2DMD. 

2019-03-22 22.58.17.jpg

Whats up man, now theres a familiar face and name.  lol  Love the new look.  The DMD is INSIDE the cab? sweet  on a side not, im having a hell of a time with HS, mame works great outside of it but I start it up and boom  i got no up and down from joysticks, sometimes wheel just keeps running.  but I copied all my data from hard drive over, maybe i need to do a fresh install again and see.  man this pinball stuff is amazing, just bought my tv on Black Friday and setting up some cool stuff...  

Question.   How does everyone handle file management, like after the pincab is BUILT, is the backglass the main screen, should i network in to the computer and edit from a laptop, etc, etc

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Firebat138 said:

Whats up man, now theres a familiar face and name.  lol  Love the new look.  The DMD is INSIDE the cab? sweet  on a side not, im having a hell of a time with HS, mame works great outside of it but I start it up and boom  i got no up and down from joysticks, sometimes wheel just keeps running.  but I copied all my data from hard drive over, maybe i need to do a fresh install again and see.  man this pinball stuff is amazing, just bought my tv on Black Friday and setting up some cool stuff...  

Question.   How does everyone handle file management, like after the pincab is BUILT, is the backglass the main screen, should i network in to the computer and edit from a laptop, etc, etc

I haven't messed with HyperSpin in a while.  Mine is still setup on my mamecab and running fine.  Haven't touched it or rocketlauncher in a really really long time.  I did just update MAME and my MAME database/XML files.  Make sure you've updated to 1.5 or whatever it is and definitely setup and use Rocketlauncher if you aren't already.

On my Pin; the color Pin2DMD (real DMD) is inside under the glass on the backwall.  Same place were my original Pinball 2000 style DMD was at originally.  I have the playfield setup as the main screen.  Over the years; I've become very adept to using the screen sideways when I'm at the machine.  My cab is back in a back bedroom right now, so I usually just do everything via network. I've dropped HyperSpin and started using the Pinup Popper frontend.  It's very nice, fast and pretty feature rich.  It also has a network element to it so you can add games, download media, etc via network.

Archived