12v power tap solution for WhiteStar Sega/Data East/Stern Evo install

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
7 hours ago, bushav said:

Anyone have an extra breakout board they are willing to sell me?  I like this design but don't need 5 for my Lethal Weapon 3 project :)

Lane

I have some but postage will probably kill the savings.

@dzorbas May have some left but you’d have to double check with him.

1 hour ago, Terranigma said:

I have some but postage will probably kill the savings.

@dzorbas May have some left but you’d have to double check with him.

Ok. Thanks. The connectors are on back order at Digi Key and Mouser. Estimated six weeks wait. 

Edited by bushav

I just placed an order for five boards from PCBWay.  Estimating a one week delivery after 3 days of production.  I also ordered the BOM components from DigiKey.  DigiKey (and Mouser) have one of the connectors on back order and it will be middle of October estimated delivery.  I only need one of these five boards.  If anyone needs a board let me know I have four available once I receive all the components and assemble.  It looks like they will be $15 plus shipping (estimate).  I prefer shipping to USA only to cut down on the hassle factor.  Sidenote:  I am a pilot and not an electronics supplier so flexibility and patience please.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:16 AM, bushav said:

Ok. Thanks. The connectors are on back order at Digi Key and Mouser. Estimated six weeks wait. 

Could have helped you out as I still have a bunch with all the necessary components. Not that I'm trying to selling them individually as they get shipped when I sell a display. I'm in Canada so sending one your way wouldn't have been an issue.

Looks like you are good at this point.

8 hours ago, dzorbas said:

Could have helped you out as I still have a bunch with all the necessary components. Not that I'm trying to selling them individually as they get shipped when I sell a display. I'm in Canada so sending one your way wouldn't have been an issue.

Looks like you are good at this point.

Thanks for the offer. I’d have snagged one. However I enjoy the process of building up something new so no big loss. 

I just received my five boards from PCBWay.  I have three extra.  I anyone needs 1 to 3 boards I will mail to you for $8 plus shipping.  I have the components to build the boards up on order.  However the connectors are back ordered until middle of October.  If you want a complete board and can wait I will be glad to build it up and ship.  Cost will increase of course.  

Power Tap.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have extra DE/Sega power taps/adapters for sale in the US if anyone is looking. I ended up making a larger lot than I needed because it was a better value to buy in larger volume. 

$15 per assembled adapter

$9 for unassembled adapter (includes PCB and connectors)

$5 for power cable, made using crimp and stuff connectors and 18 gauge wire, tell me you length preference and what connectors/keys you want

$4.50 for USPS first class shipping (will not ship outside of the US) for up to 5 adapters

PM me if you want one (or more...)

adapters2.jpg