Pin2Dmd Colorprism V3.0 Firmware

lucky1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this is asking too much or if someone has mentioned it before. Would it be difficult to modify the firmware so that when you are using it with a DE 128x16 EVO board, rather than it using the full height of the LED panels for the logo/menu/config, it only uses the same section that is visible during game play?

I installed one in a friend's Star Trek and we could not see the menu options once the display was installed in the game.

Thanks for even considering this!

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, dzorbas said:

I don't know if this is asking too much or if someone has mentioned it before. Would it be difficult to modify the firmware so that when you are using it with a DE 128x16 EVO board, rather than it using the full height of the LED panels for the logo/menu/config, it only uses the same section that is visible during game play?

I installed one in a friend's Star Trek and we could not see the menu options once the display was installed in the game.

Thanks for even considering this!

I don´t fully understand what you are talking about. You mean the onscreen menu of pin2dmd or the game menu ? You can also use the pin2dmd tool with either a usb connection or on file basis to change settings.

Yes, I'm referring to the onscreen menu of the pin2dmd. I understand that there are other options for changing settings like plugging in a laptop, etc. but the most convenient and quickest way is to use the buttons on the back of the board. It's much easier if you want try different colours or increase/decrease the brighness to do it this way than plugging in a laptop and doing it that way.

I just figured that since the software knows it's a 128x16 board it might not be that difficult to add some code it to display the onscreen menu and settings.

Just a thought...

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, dzorbas said:

I just figured that since the software knows it's a 128x16 board it might not be that difficult to add some code it to display the onscreen menu and settings.

Just a thought...

Not difficult but time consuming. I might add this when I have some time but don´t expect to see that feature soon.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that there is a updated version of the firmware for the EVO boards - 3.14.

I see that a new feature has been added, PAL Storage with a couple of options. Lucky1, can you explain this?

Also, the Test Display option no longer works in the new version. At least it didn't on two boards that I tested.

Appreciate your efforts as always.

• Content Provider

New version v3.15 is on github which fixes the tests in the onscreen menu.

In the commit notes (https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/commits/master) on github I wrote

new version v3.14
- add option (PAL STORAGE) to onscreen menu to either store .pal file information in local Flash or RAM. Select FLASH for larger projects.

Currently there is only one project I know of which is affected by a RAM problem on real pinball machines, which is Jurrasic Park. We are currently testing the new feature to see if it works as expected. If it works it will also remove the mask limit of 10 masks in ColorMask layered scenes and allow more complex scenes in that mode.

Current stable version is v3.13

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Hello Lucky1,

I have an issue with the black.ppm, i tried to load it with the black bat command, which does this 

pin2dmd.exe /i black.ppm

i installed the latest version and have the latest firmware on a v3 board

and i have the popup message "wrong format"

the logo.ppm, RGB_color_test.ppm are loaded fine though.

so i tried to create an image by myself using gimp and all the files that i create returns wrong format error, even just by trying to save a working image

in gimp there are options to save as raw or ascii for ppm extension but the result is the same

what program is preferred to create a ppm working file? or if you have a black.ppm that is working for me?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
16 minutes ago, dzorbas said:

Do we have a list of changes from 3.15 to 3.17? I checked on GitHub but I don't see anything documented. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

Is 3.17 now considered the latest stable release?

Thanks!

Commits on Oct 20, 2020

1. new version v3.17 

- enable to take a frame within a lcm scene as trigger to start the lcm scene.
    @lucky01
    lucky01 committed 13 days ago

Commits on Oct 4, 2020

1. new version v3.16 

- fix event keyframe only sent once
    - suppress subsequent events with the same ID
    @lucky01
    lucky01 committed 29 days ago

• 2 weeks later...

Archived