Overscanning on larger rgb panels p4 and p5 only 16/1 scan

Hi i got 1 p2.5 and 1 p3 set of rgb panels and pin2dmd works great 

But when i using p4 and p5 sets im getting flicking issues on some games flintstones austin powers  i tried shooter idc rgb 16 pin ribbon cable between controller and panals and had no luck power packs as well no change or could this be a issue with the pin2dmd firmware as it was only meant to be written for 2.5 and 3 p panels and it  cant seem to handle p4 and p5 at higher resolution as the scan setting may be different 

Regards

Paul

14 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I don´t think that it is a firmware problem but it never experimented with larger panels.

I can´t help you with that. Sorry.

Is there anyone who  could make a special one off firmware for theses sizes i got 4 mcu stm all flashed and it not them causing it either 

Those are the panels I used. I had it hooked up to street fighter with it's own shield direct mounted and a dedicated power supply and I didn't notice any flickering. On South Park I have it running off of the hub extension for the pin2dmd I have in the machine, so both displays are running at the same time and on the same power supply, and I did notice a bit of flickering when the screen was mostly black. I figured it had to do with the 3 foot 16 pin cable I was using and hadn't had time to look into it. 

South Park: 

Street Fighter, the odd split screen was due to the firmware on the shield at the time once I updated that it went away.: 

What firmware version you using as i was using a old version and it could be a issue that it is out of date and i using the free one beta firmware that was released before for u needed to buy a activsion key to use the firmware that uncal sash gave me

Regards

Paul

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, psmmacker said:

What firmware version you using as i was using a old version and it could be a issue that it is out of date and i using the free one beta firmware that was released before for u needed to buy a activsion key to use the firmware that uncal sash gave me

Regards

Paul

Like he said he is using V3.0 firmware. The 1.x firmware you use had a lot of timing problems and your issues are most likely caused by that.

I would say "case closed"

Archived