PinMAME Request - in Setup Defaults - add way to see default DMD location and move DMD.

Dazz

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I had to walk someone this evening through editing their defaults to add a default location via registry editing.  I really think there needs to be a way in PinMAME setup >  Setup Defaults to view and change the default DMD location and size.  Is this something that you could please consider adding?

Thanks

• Administrators
16 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Not saying it wouldn’t be nice to have a better UI, but many users just use BigBoss’s SetDMD. It’s old but still a good helper app for configuring default settings.

SetDMD is fine, if you've already run many ROMs and want to change positions.  That's a workaround, but not ideal. One of the first things PinMAME asks after installing; is to set DEFAULTS.  Setting DEFAULT DMD location should be part of this. As of now there is no way for anyone to visually set default DMD location without loading a ROM and then it doesn't set it as default. I've recently helped several people via Discord... Just deleting PinMAME registry, setting one game dmd to location, renaming that registry entry to default.  Not really a fun thing to do.  For a new person to be able to set a default DMD location via PinMAME would be ideal.

Archived