Stern Mustang Pro - colorization (real pinball)

CV02

Hi,

my name is Christian. I live in Germany and have just added a NIB Stern Mustang Pro to my Gottlieb Sys 80s. I'm just learning about my new pinball. I started the colorization and the changing of sounds via Pinball Browser and PIN2DMD-Editor. The PIN2DMD-Project and its initiators are overwhelming. My success in changing sounds was awesome. But I failed in the colorization - I'm not an artistic person ;-)

Is there anyone out there, who has done a beautiful colorization for Mustang Pro and could transfer the result to me? Certainly I would honor the efforts.

Cheers,

Christian

I figured it out. Sharkky was only active for one day on Pinside in March 2016. I nevertheless tried to reach him, but I'm not very optimistic, that I will succeed.

Other ideas?

I don't think you get anything out of Sharkky. If i remember correctly. I asked him about patching for the newsts Metallica rom and he told me that he lost all the original stuff when his laptop was stolen. Not 100% sure if this was Sharkky or not. Been at least 8-9 mnd since I asked. I know that there is another guy that has done Metallica too, but, he requested money for each copy. His asking price wasn't unreasonable, but, one of the reasons I like this community so much is that it is mainly based upon sharing and helping each other out.

• Content Provider

Yeah, it was _J_M who updated Metallica color assets for V1.80. As the official set was larger than the previous V1.70 leaving less memory space for colorization, he apparently had to do quite a bit of work to make the colored assets all fit again. I don't think that ultimately pulling apart Stern's assets, colorizing them, and charging money as if that was fully original work is justified in my mind, but pinside is a different kind of place. Modders there don't hesitate to stick a light on a five dollar toy from Wal-Mart and charge $100 from a real table owner. Whatevers. P.S. Don't PM me. I don't have it either.

On the topic at hand: I don't know if it would work to patch the Mustang game code and open the resulting bin file in Pinball Browser and then be able to examine the pbm macro files to see/reverse engineer what was changed from the official code. Pinball Browser may not work like that, but I don't know for sure. If nothing else, you can just start a new project and get some help in the pinball browser thread at pinside and simply work through the learning curve. As an owner of the real table, it would be you that has the incentive to do it.

I checked my collection and I do have a pbm file from that project. I don't know how close it is to the final version, but maybe it can give you a headstart on whatever you were thinking of doing. Don't ask me about Pinball Browser. I experimented once with it years ago, and I don't know how to use the software at all. Good luck.

MustangProColorSharkky.zip

Thanks to all of you for trying to help me out. Now I got a couple of clues. I will try to work on my colorization project - if I succeed, I'm certainly going to publish it.

If anyone has an additional idea or even further colorizations of Mustang PRO for me - you are very welcome!

Archived