Hello admin!  I wonder if  you could tell me what I might be doing wrong.  Everytime I come to VPUniverse, I have to reset my password in order to login.  Can someone help me with this?  Thanks, and thanks for all the hard work you do.

• Administrators

I've checked this out.  I was able to log in and out as your user multiple times without any problems.  Never asked me to change/update password.  This sounds like a possible issue with the cookie/browser.  It could be a matter of how you are accessing the site.  Manually entering the URL/Address? Saved link via email? browser bookmark?

Also, DOF and VPU are actually completely separate.  DOF runs on a completely different server, so the email servers are separate as well.

@arngrim I checked the user account in DOF admin.  Didn't see anything that I could tell would cause multiple emails to be generated.  Not sure if you know of anything in the backend that may cause multiple emails.

Thanks Dazz.  It was kind of a cookie problem.  Chrome was filling in display name with email address.  Since it was filled out, I couldn't see "Display Name" and just assumed the email address was what was supposed to be used to login.  When I just tested with my iPad, I could see the label "Display Name".  Change it to my display name, and wallah.  I assumed it was me, and it was.  :)

Regarding the numerous emails, I just went through and looked.  ON 3/9, I received 4 emails about a new update available.  However, when I look at the time stamps, they are over a period of a few hours, so perhaps this was expected.    The other dates, they also appear to be over a few hours of time.

Anyway, thanks all!

Archived