Pin2dmd help with fx3...

rollerball

I've been trying to workout how to get my pin2dmd working with pinball fx3....

i installed it all as per the instructions from freezy...

if I run test all I get is a message saying it's not a recognised internal or external command...

if I run the program it only quickly flashes up and seems to do nothing. Flashes up so fast that I used my phone to do a video then took a screen shot with the video paused to see what it said...

here are the screen shots...

one of the error and the other of when I started the program and it just flashed up...

thanks in advance for any advice... 

IMG_9317.PNG

IMG_9318.JPG

• 2 months later...

@rollerball It doesn't work because Windows doesn't know where to look for dmdext.exe. As per install instructions, if you want to run dmdext from anywhere you'll need to add the folder where you put dmdext.exe to your PATH environment variable.

@Vanlon do you know on which COM port PIN2DMD is attached to? @lucky1 doesn't PIN2DMD include a test tool that lists the port?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Vanlon said:

I am having the same problem, It's due to the dmdext test not finding my pin2dmd.  Every other program works.  I have the libusbk driver running it.  Any ideas would be great.

Why libusbk ?? Use either winusb or libusb-win32. libusb-win32 support is only for compatibility to older programs like OpenGL intercept dll for Future pinball

13 hours ago, freezy said:

@rollerball It doesn't work because Windows doesn't know where to look for dmdext.exe. As per install instructions, if you want to run dmdext from anywhere you'll need to add the folder where you put dmdext.exe to your PATH environment variable.

@Vanlon do you know on which COM port PIN2DMD is attached to? @lucky1 doesn't PIN2DMD include a test tool that lists the port?

hey freezy.  i have your mirror dmdext.exe working on my system for cactus canyon continued. but i need to manually click on it everytime for it to show on my pindmd3.

do you know of anyway to have it work automatically for this table? beside using pinball x front end, my front end btw is hyperpin. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:43 AM, lucky1 said:

Why libusbk ?? Use either winusb or libusb-win32. libusb-win32 support is only for compatibility to older programs like OpenGL intercept dll for Future pinball

Whenever I install the winusb it causes is my Logitech wireless mouse to stop working - Any thoughts on that

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 3:22 AM, BaronShadow said:

I have the PIN2DMD working in FX3 by Pinball X but all the pixels from the DMD are Orange and stay that way when i launch a table so it's not working in game

Any idea on that ?

SOLVED

How did you get this solved? I am having the same issue. Solid orange pin2dmd v3. Thanks!

How did you get this solved? I am having the same issue. Solid orange pin2dmd v3. Thanks!

Had to do with settings will have to look up.
Shall post the batch file i use now but you can try the settings in Pinballx from the last post maybe they help too.
I don’t use Pinballx at the moment for FX3

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

On 4/28/2019 at 1:23 AM, BaronShadow said:

Had to do with settings will have to look up.
Shall post the batch file i use now but you can try the settings in Pinballx from the last post maybe they help too.
I don’t use Pinballx at the moment for FX3

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks! I was able to get it resolved. I had to use the --fx3-legacy switch.

Archived