Suggestions and things to keep in mind for a new mini cabinet build

hassifa

Hello,

I am trying to design a new mini cabinet to fit some monitors that i have brought, and would either like some advice starting out the design phase, or for some things a beginner person might not think of when they are trying to design a cabinet.

The reason i am going for a minature one is that i dont have enough space for a full sized cabinet.

I am planning around a 24" computer monitor for a playfield, with a 15" usb3 screen for the back board.

I am also planning on doing this in two phases. The first phase i am building the cabinet to house the screens, and to power it through a nintendo switch (only the play field would work in this instance, but its a start). The second phase is to put in a computer and to utilize cabinet mode properly.

While i am pants at actually building things (wood working skills are only at a high school level, and that was over a decade ago) , i have found a local woodworking group that are taking commisions that i might be able to use.

Any advice would be appreciated, and hopefully i should be able to start drawing up some dimensions for the width, height, etc tonight when i am able to get around to measure my current monitor.

Archived