WIFI bootloader install

SteveNZ

I am trying to set up the WIFI with my V4 board (Nucleo controller).

I have loaded the nucleo_esp_loader.bin  firmware the same way I load the normal  PIN2DMD software using the ST Link Utility and the USB port on the Nucleo that is on the small breakout board.

The blue status LED on the Nucleo is on.

I then move the USB cable to the User USB port on the Nucleo and run  ESP8266Flasher.exe.

I already have the St virtual port drivers loaded and everything looks good in Device Maanager.  

When I try to flash the ESP8266 I get an error:

Note:Begin find ESP8266.
Note:ESP8266 ACK success.
Error:Read ESP8266 register timeout.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Regards

Steve

Thanks Lucky,

Is there some info about how to connect the 232 to the ESP? I don't understand the direct connection part. The ESP I have is a surface mount part that is soldered to the V4 board.

Do I connect to the RS232 pins on the V4 board?

I tried again with the on board USB and it worked this time. Wifi is all set up and connected to my home WIFI router. 

How do I use PIN2DMD.EXE over WIFI?

How about PIN2DMD editor?  there is a place in configurtion to enter the address, I guess this is just the IP address eg 192.168.1.118 . it mentions port 9191 but i expect I don't need to enter this. In any case I could not get the editor to connect over WIFI.

• Content Provider

pin2dmd.exe /ip 192.168.1.118 should work. In the editor configuration you can also edit the ip address. To be honest this has never been extensively tested and today the esp is only populated for go-dmd usage. USB connection is still recommended for pin2dmd.

• 4 months later...

All the other instructions say that the IP address 192.168.4.1.

I successfully downloaded the FW into the ESP because I can see the wireless name ESP_57E866. I can connect to it and successfully ping 192.168.4.2. But connecting a browser to 192.168.4.1 results in "connection refused". I would love to use the instructions here to configure the ESP to talk to my home network. And clearly it worked at some point because UncleSash got it working. Given the comment from Lucky1 above, it sounds like I shouldn't have bothered populating the ESP module.

BTW Is there go-dmd FW that works with the Nucleo-144? where can I find it because all of the go-dmd stuff I see only supports the V3-Shield.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:37 PM, MikePinball said:

All the other instructions say that the IP address 192.168.4.1.

I successfully downloaded the FW into the ESP because I can see the wireless name ESP_57E866. I can connect to it and successfully ping 192.168.4.2. But connecting a browser to 192.168.4.1 results in "connection refused". I would love to use the instructions here to configure the ESP to talk to my home network. And clearly it worked at some point because UncleSash got it working. Given the comment from Lucky1 above, it sounds like I shouldn't have bothered populating the ESP module.

Bump. Anyone come across this? How do we get the wifi server working correctly? Mine seems to be partway working as the eSP8266 module is at least pingable on 192.168.4.1

Where is the source code (User1.bin) so I can take a look at it?

Archived