Shrek and POTC colorized patches no longer work

Yeah i tried a few versions and narrowed it down to 3.1 being the culprit.  in testing the vpinmame.dlls would either work with those 2 tables and break others or viceversa.

Latest Freezy and latest 3.0 works fine.  I took Carny's advice and tested 3.1 but rolled back to 3.0.

No. I'm on a pindmd3. It used to be true that pin2dmd was required due to lack of *.vni support. That is one of the things DjRobX fixed and again led to the release of 1.7 and later of Freezy'.

I have a feeling your have multiple dmddevices.dll in your system. And it finds the old one before the new. System folders maybe ?

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, rablack97 said:

no i did all of that.

is that pin2dmd?

are you using freezy's dmddevice.dll?

did you check the other colorization tables.....metllica, acdc, mustang, avengers, start trek etc

Hi,  Has this issue been solved now? I just installed POTC and the colour ROM patched and it looks like crap.. :(  Other games are working fine. 

Don't use 1.7.2 for tables that required the *.vni - it is reported as a bug already. You should however use dmdext.exe if you play fx2, fx3 from the 1.7.2 release. So, Downgrade dmddevice.dll to 1.7.1. Actually. MJR has a release on his pinbally page that is semi 1.7.1 and some. He provided fixes to freezy and I believe those have fixes that 1.7.1 hasn't and I have no clue to why 1.7.2 isn't working. Looking at the bug report to the vni problem. Even Freezy seems to be unsure why it doesn't work.

Guess we just have to wait and see when/if it get fixed.

21 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Don't use 1.7.2 for tables that required the *.vni - it is reported as a bug already. You should however use dmdext.exe if you play fx2, fx3 from the 1.7.2 release. So, Downgrade dmddevice.dll to 1.7.1. Actually. MJR has a release on his pinbally page that is semi 1.7.1 and some. He provided fixes to freezy and I believe those have fixes that 1.7.1 hasn't and I have no clue to why 1.7.2 isn't working. Looking at the bug report to the vni problem. Even Freezy seems to be unsure why it doesn't work.

Guess we just have to wait and see when/if it get fixed.

ah, I see.  I'll just sit tight and hope it get fixed sometime. No rush. I've got my system working pretty good now that I have PuP as the main menu and sorted out about 70 tables. Thank you for the reply. Appreciated.

Archived