Did I fry my zebsboard?

spoontangclan

This is a cross-post from vpforums.

I felt like I was so close to finishing my project and then...

I got my zebs board and my lit buttons and my williams plunger this week. Things seemed to have been working fine. Yesterday I got the plunger and nudger working a bit and I was beginning to test flipper and lit buttons before wiring up all of the grounds and connecting all the other wires. I had connected the zebs board to my pc's power supply with a 15pin sata adapter connected to the 12v setup on the zebsboard. Things seemed to be going smoothly. Buttons were working and lit...plunger was working...But coming back after a break, Windows 7 is no longer recognizing the zb pincab controller device. I tried switching USB ports. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the USB. I tried restarting. Have I done something terribly wrong? The board is still getting power. I can tell from the red LED on the board. its just no longer being detected by the OS as an input device:( I fear I somehow i did something wrong managing power to kill the board. I can't think of any other cause for the behavior. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? 

I already reached out to Steve, directly but I figured I'd also post on the forums here since I'm pretty bummed at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear this. I know the feeling. But, I'm confident that Steve will be on the case helping you as soon as he is able. Almost all my "extra" hardware is from him and he has been very helpful every time I've done something stupid. I'm sure he will be able to resolve it with you. Good luck.

Thanks for that reassurance thalamus! I saw a few other references on vpforums about people frying stuff in general although I'm still not quite sure what I did that would've caused it. And who knows maybe it'll resolve itself overnight or could just be some weird OS issue.

Archived