DOF an Original - Where do I begin?

Maybe I'm in over my head. I probably am but I've always learned things the hard way. Who knows? Maybe I can figure this out.. 

So I have an original table that I notice is not getting any feedback (Goldorak VPX Version). I've looked in the config tool and I don't see any tables named Goldorak so I think to myself, OK, how hard can it be to DOF this myself? LOL

Looking in the table script, it doesn't appear to have any DOF E Events. Where does one begin? Should I be trying to DOF the script for my own personal use, or should I try to ask the author of the table to implement some DOF events. I'm assuming either way, it will need to have the author's permission if it is to be something that could eventually be released to the public. If I am doing this for my own use, how do I keep the config tool from overwriting my ini files that don't have the table config loaded in there? Do I ask for an empty table config to be created for that table so I can work on it, or am I to edit my ini files manually to work on this? I'm just trying to fill in some missing pieces here because I would really like to try to contribute but I'm not sure where to start. Any in-sight on this would be appreciated.

Archived