PinDMD V1 lagging a lot (vs virtual dmd)

Attaball

Hi all,

I have started reinstalling my cabinet from scratch after it has been running at someone else's place for years without updates. I am running windows 10, installed vpx 10.4 through the installer and updated vpinmame to 3.0 using the download from vpforums and updated dmdext with v1.6 from freezy's github repo.

However, I keep running into the issue that the pindmd (v1) I am using, it lagging quite a lot (and more and more) when compared to the images from the virtual dmd. In TWD it seems less than in AFM, but both clearly show it.

What I have done so far to remedy or debug:
 all .dll and executables in the vpinmame dir have been "unblocked": (right-click, properties, unblock)
The setup.exe is of version 1.42
The DLL installed (according to the setup) is v3.0
Setup defaults: skip tests, ignore crc errors, cabinet mode on, use external dll as well as the original dmd).

DMDExt config has both virtual dmd and pindmd v1 enabled, rest is disabled.

None seem to have an impact on the lag/performance.

The only way I have been able to correctly drive the pinDMD v1 is by using the vpinmame.dll provided on pindmd.com by russdx (http://54.148.129.10/pinDMD//downloads/pinmame/VPinMAME.dll), but that is an older version that does not support sam or other features.

I am not sure if it is an issue with my setup, but I think it may be a bug or suboptimal code in the current version of vpinmame or dmddevice.dll.

Any clue how to fix or otherwise address this issue?

I've seen the lag myself on the pindmd3. Started after some changes made going into 2.9 I think it was. You should find some more info on Freezy' github page and backtrack. For me at least it is related to GTS3 games. I've seen it happen from time to time on others but, it has always been resolved by a reboot. I'm running Win7 and if my machine is allowed to go into hibernation just once I always reboot. I should add also, I'm running 2.5.1. not 2.6.0. Just fewer unexplained crashes.

Archived