Come soon: vphighscores.com : Looking for testers

It's been a while and I think I started developing this system this around end of September.  I got really sucked into making a touch screen jukebox for the last 3 months and ready to get back into this now.

The PinEmHi leaderboard was pretty good fun when me and my bro used to compete using that, but the lack of updates to tables and their versions made it obsolete for us. There seemed to be no checks in place either for cheating, you could map any table meaning  all players could more or less use any table with the correct rom.

If wasn't for TomLogic making an nvram parser this wouldn't have gotten started. I have added more mappings over time so we have a better selection of games to start. https://github.com/horseyhorsey/pinmame-nvram-maps

To start with I want it to fully support VP tables (pinmame and originals), SS, EM and P-ROC.  If memory serves correctly the EMs would have to be played with the B2S plugin, I'm sure when I was playing here is where I realized this would be possible.

Some parts that are in full swing.

• Website / App with API (offline for now)
  • B2S Plugin that can post your scores with UI config to create and add players.
  • A simple windows application you can log into, Launch available tables and post scores.
  • Support 1-4 players able to create 8 players per your machine (or desktop)

At some point make full screen app for cabs where you can do all the player selection / creation with flippers & start.

I have thought of many different ways to make it fair, including patching to download so we use the same version of a table and rom. If table/rom doesn't pass checks then it can simply marked down as a casual game.

As for more tables with different versions of rom/visual pinball I'll allow requests for any to be added in, as long as we have a nvram mapping all is good.

------------------ Don't mind me here, I'm just familarizing myself to where I was at in dev ------------------------

All VP versions should be covered..The AddOn here means Pinmame.

vphiscores_vpversions.jpg.d244363a2b9545c0fcc93e74806093db.jpg

Tables mapped to the simulator they were made for.

VpHiScores_tables.jpg.4d0a229ad41ebfabec7f01b28156352a.jpg

A Db entry example using the B2S plugin with 4 players

vphiscores_upload.thumb.jpg.dd66ef248edd945b7c55e7e9abcf9d24.jpg

The webapp/site. (some scores are duped, this is just where I was reimporting the same nvrams for testing)

VpHiScores_webapp.thumb.jpg.4d975509b06cbfb91b33b224e93a7e74.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes me & my bro used to play a lot of PinEmHi but was limited and seemed hassle for DNA to update it. If playing 2 player we had to quit out of VP each time and hot seat it which became a PITA.

All the hard work is done really, but that may be a better idea to interface here rather than creating a web app. I could host the DB and you could use the API.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Has there been any activity on this?

For those that like tracking high scores when playing VP, and also enjoy VP challenges, it appears DNA Disturber has been busy updating pinemhi and pinemhi Leaderboard over on VPF site. He has added a significant number of the more popular VP tables, added many more challenges to try on the various tables, and recently added a Weekly Challenge feature.  Plus, it all now works without having to use any front-end UI. Your high scores can be saved and tracked automatically just by running VPX (or VP9, etc.).

Check out the latest version here.

• 5 months later...