upgrades and donations

• Administrators

Just want to thank Dazz for the recent site upgrade...Looks  Great Dazz...I noticed we have the donation button up again to pay for server costs ..

My point on this is... site upgrade cost $...  Server cost$.......  All come out of  Dazz pocket just like Randr at vpinball   ..They do it out of the love of this hobby

nothing else... if it was for profit we all still be at  VPF the profit site !!

Anyways we all want to keep shit for free both sites are unlimited downloads and both sites have great content...monsterbash is another that comes to mind too Sorry guys lol..

OK the point being is members need to support these sites..hell $5 per month would make all the difference..

I spend hrs upon hrs to make free content for everybody..If I added up all the time spent looking and findin and making shit and got paid by the hr.. I be doing real good about now LMAO.

and that goes double for all the authors that make tables,,BG,,cards,wheels..you get the point...  Most of you new guys don't have a clue how much time and effort go into making anything  VP..

So All you guys that grab content for free should be able to donate a whole $5 a month to get the best shit in the world..You  cant even buy lunch for that now lol ..Hell even $1

to each site would help..think about what you get for $1    ...why I laugh even more is guys waste money on the other pinball crap you have to pay money for TPA ?I don't no cause I don't play that gay shit most say it sucks but they pay for it lmao man...what $15 lol suckers....

and a lot of guys paid 5k plus for a cab ???? fuckin lmao..and cant afford coffee

Anyways...we tried the pay shit but nobody likes it ..I agree with that...

But   think about it you can do without 1 cup of coffee or 1 fuckin dounut a month B)

Hate to say it but this is a community  and without the help of members I'm afraid these great sites are going to go south without your help.!!

That's why a lot of good authors hit the high road.. just no appreciation  for their hard work...

I just laugh cause most of the time there's only 5 or 6 guys that thank authors for there work every time...The rest just grab lol man....

SO ?

TAKE CARE OF THE GUYS THAT TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOBBY ......Or sad to say you will be makin your own shit soon and sites will go ;)

If you can go to MCdonalds for a shity $6 burger you can help out ......

Anyways I really cant say much more ...Step up and help....Thanks for you time to read  this thread   :)

I agree with everything that you've said.

Without offending anyone I've been telling people that Wildman BGs are the best you'll find on the internet period!

If Dazz is willing to create some kind of VPUniverse Patreon then I'd be willing to support it to better this site and this community to make it the absolute best it can be.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, B2K24 said:

I agree with everything that you've said.

Without offending anyone I've been telling people that Wildman BGs are the best you'll find on the internet period!

If Dazz is willing to create some kind of VPUniverse Patreon then I'd be willing to support it to better this site and this community to make it the absolute best it can be.

I'm not familiar with Patreon, but it looks like it's a subscription service...  I do not want to setup a subscription or tiers for VPU.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

What is the deal then - I'm a supporting member with a quite recently expired plan it seems ?!

Existing Supporting Members still have perks that normal members do not.  Nothing has changed from what you originally had.

• Content Provider

I'll chip in , and a portion of any donations I get for the colorizations I do I'll kick back to here too.

Edit: Donated, kinda weird to ask for my address AND force an address in paypal as well. I guess "donation" is treated like an item in the store-front.

• Administrators

16,744  members and 6 guys helped out lmfao sad....B)  I guess there's not a lot of coffee and donut eaters out there or beer drinkers LOL

THANKS to the guys that care ..anything you guys need just ask if I have it its yours..... and  THANKS too the guys that are uploading content your number 1 in my book..

lol at the rest of ya enjoy the free shit  :)

RANT OVER.....graphics-3d-smileys-946998.gif

I should know, being one - but, sorry ... can't say. I just decided to donate manually. And Scott. Suggesting randr to sponsor T-Shirts in the competition thread is just the opposite of what we should do.

I've bought a cap, some day I will probably visit the store again.

• Administrators

Hey guys... I just wanted to say thanks for the donations.  Every bit helps.  I know Wildman can be a bit harsh with words, but his heart is in the right place. :P

I have some major news and enhancements that we are working on that people are going to go crazy for.  I've teamed up with someone else and we are going to bring you a completely new way to download and maintain your systems. Announcements will come when we have more ready.  Just stay tuned. :D

Just to point out something, this topic only appears once you are logged into the site.  I know i visit quite a bit without logging in, and usually once I am into a thread or download, do i realize that i'm not logged in.  Maybe if this was more obvious people will donate more??  However I might be an optimist ;)

For the record i donated and the conversion from Canadian to USD is 1.3 yikes

• Content Provider

I just decided to add an avatar pic to my profile.(I was tired of seeing blank face next to my name.)

So I clicked on my profile to add pic, and noticed I am a VIP!!!

I think this was the first time I ever clicked on my profile, so I was really in shock!!

I have tried to become a VIP for many years on another site, but then I just figured it might not ever happen, and I will still help people and do the same things I am doing now, whether I have a VIP next to my name or not. So I never thought about it again.

You would not believe the motivation this gives me!!!

I love to help people and I love to contribute what I can to this community!!

I am honored and want to thank you for bestowing this VIP status on me.

I will not let you guys down!!

I also will be upgrading to a paid subscription soon.

Thanks for all you guys do to keep this site going and keeping us pinballl addicts happy!!

Your work really is appreciated!!

Carry on.

Wait are you talking about wanting to be a VIP at VPF?  Oh man good luck with that, Hauntfreaks was a VIP after much nagging, and it's been pulled again for some reason.  Wait I don't want to rile Wildman... easy big fella :D

That said still, congrats xenonph

• Content Provider

I just donated 20 dollars because I couldn't find a subscription to become a supporting member. Or is this how you become a supporting member?

Anyways it's not much, but all I can afford at this time.

Thanks again!!

Keep on pinballin'

• Administrators

That's great..its not a one time thing hell if everybody donated $1 a month there wouldn't be a thread like this lol...hell $1 a yr lol       math 16000 x 1 :D

but back to reality Thanks for the donation  graphics-3d-smileys-946998.gif         Thanks to all the guys that donated and I cant wait to see what dazz has in the pipe...well I know whats in the pipe ...and if it all comes together it will be awesome it will make life better ...lol  .. ...but shultz.jpg        

• Content Provider

Seeing that this is not a paid subscription service that takes a certain amount of money each year, but just a donation, I kind of figured it was not a one time thing.

I will try to donate more when I am able too.

Thanks for the info Wildman.

Archived