GoDMD license key and wifi firmware trouble

zzm

I have a previous pin2dmd license key file. Should i be able to use this with the godmd firmware? same serial pops up on the screen as with pin2dmd, i've dumped the keyfile as godmd.key on the sdcard but it doesnt seem to work.

I have the pin2dmd v3 shield with wifi module. I can see the AI-THINKER network and connect to it. 

I'm having trouble loading the correct firmware though.

I load the bootloader successfully with ST-LINK and the blue led is on. I have installed the virtual com port drivers and connected the micro-usb cable and the virtual com port shows up. Using ESP8266Flasher.exe from pin2dmd-master but i can't seem to find the ESP8266 when i press flash. I have changed the baudrate and added the bin files with correct offsets as described in the readme. It just says:

Note:Serial port connected.
Note:Begin find ESP8266.

And nothing more happens, no bin files are flashed. 

Any ideas what could be wrong?

• 4 months later...
On 2017-09-17 at 11:00 PM, lucky1 said:

Go-Dmd and pin2dmd keys are not compatible. I have nothing to do with Go-DMD. You have to contact Steve45 about a keyfile for it.

Ok i have a new license now and its working.

Im still having the same issue with updating the wifi firmware though, Note:Begin find ESP8266. and nothing happens.

I also tried with usb serial dongle and the serial boot loader loaded in st link instead but with the same result..

any suggestions on what im doing wrong?

im starting to suspect that there's something wrong with the shield or the esp8266 chip..

Archived