Star Trek LE slow DMD and tables or no playfield lights

Coyohtay

Hi everyone,

Been working on my cabinet build for 7 months now and I have 111 tables, including most of the Stern SAM tables working sans Star Trek LE.  Everything is beautiful and I must thank all the builders who have made such great creations.

Build
43" Acer 4k computer monitor
32" backglass monitor
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING 11GB GDDR5X Video Card
4.1 Ghz core i7
16gb memory
500 Gb SSD
PINDMD2
VPX 10.3
VPM 2.8
PinballX front end

I have tried to load up the different Star Trek LE tables out there and with the VPM 2.8 and the playfield lights do not work.  I tried using VPM 2.9 that is supposed to allow for the LE lighting.  When I install that the lights work, but then all my DMD animations run at half speed and table performance is terrible for all tables, so I am back to 2.8

Anyone have any suggestions?

See where this gets you ... http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/pindmd3-replacing-pindmd-dll-for-dmddevice-dll/

You obvious will not be able to get full color, but, this might resolve the dmd slow down - except for GTS3 tables that is. That is a known problem on 2.9 and higher. if you follow the guide, it should be easy to revert if you're not happy with the outcome.

Thanks for the link.  Reading through it, I notice that is is written for those who have PINDMD3.  I have a PINDMD2, not 3 so it is monochrome.  Think this method will work on the 2's?

2 hours ago, Thalamus said:

See where this gets you ... http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/pindmd3-replacing-pindmd-dll-for-dmddevice-dll/

You obvious will not be able to get full color, but, this might resolve the dmd slow down - except for GTS3 tables that is. That is a known problem on 2.9 and higher. if you follow the guide, it should be easy to revert if you're not happy with the outcome.

Archived