Avengers Pro 2012 Game Name Not Found

I'm having trouble getting Avengers Pro 2012 to work.  It says Game Name Not Found.  I have the proper rom renamed to avs_170 and can test the rom and it works in setup and other SAM games work as I installed v 2.9 of sam.vbs but Avengers isn't working for some reason and I don't know what else to try.

• 3 weeks later...

The game name didn't match the rom name.  They must match.  Check that and if that isn't it, another reason you may get the error is if you don't have the latest sam.vbs and vpinmame.dll.  Search Google for those two files (in one search) and you'll see the link to download and install them.  They go in the VpinMame directory.

Hope that helps...

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2017 at 11:21 AM, jevansoh said:

The game name didn't match the rom name.  They must match.  Check that and if that isn't it, another reason you may get the error is if you don't have the latest sam.vbs and vpinmame.dll.  Search Google for those two files (in one search) and you'll see the link to download and install them.  They go in the VpinMame directory.

Hope that helps...

"The game name didn't match the rom name" where in the code do u edit this

Read the release notes in this link, the answers of renaming are there.

Or this:

PLAYERS NOTE (for 2.8 or greater):

To align with official VPinMAME set naming from driver.c, the following were renamed:

Iron Man & Iron Man Vault Edition im2 -> im
X-Men xmen -> xmn
The Avengers avg -> avs

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So the rom name is spelled wrong anyways.  As the roms can not be directly hosted on this site.  The rom name should be avs_140 same for the bin inside the zip i assume.   Way easier with some help.  I only found it out by running setup.exe for and checking the rom.

Make it look just like below. 

Sorry for the revival of a thread, but after a death in the family a while ago, Im finally back to getting things going.  And I didnt even know THIS forum existed, I was just on VPFORUMS.  Thank you all to the great contributors here and there.  This black friday I am buying the screens for the cab.   I have been playing Scared Stiff and Star Wars on my Mame Cabinet forever and had no idea new tables were available.  I was very active years ago.   My mame cabinet is called MameGear.  I will post pics but all my Photobucket links are dead....  Yeah..  I said photobucket.  lol

Cheers all

With Controller
        .GameName = "avs_140"
        .SplashInfoLine = "Avengers Pro Stern 2012"

Archived