Feature request for the tool

Not sure if this is possible but, can you add a field to override the rom name, for instance, circus voltaire, if i am using cv_20h the DOF table is hardcoded to cv. So i have physically change the rom name so the configs match up.  I notice some games have a drop down for other rom options.  For those that don't have it an override field would be cool.  That way the new name will show in your config files.

• Content Provider

You do not have to rename it to cv. The DOF rom name is a prefix. All the cirqus Voltaire roms start with cv so you can use any version and it will work with DOF

The only time you see multiple rom entries to select from is if the rom name prefix is different

I thought the same, but for instance like metallica the 2 options are mtl_170h and hc i think, i'm using the mtl 168 rom,  If i leave 170h in the table mapping and the  config files nothing works, but when i manually change it all to 168 then everything works.  So my thoughts were thats its looking for exact rom name matches. 

Also if what you say is true, the prefix for the metallica rom is the same yet there are 2 options.  The tool generates the config files with these exact rom names not just mtl and the DOF does not work,  Changing the file to reflect the mtl_168 rom fixes the problem,  which is why i wondered if a naming override is possible so the tool creates the specified rom name for that user profile.

7966a79ec6d9ec427748bed83f3ffc3c572069d3

• Content Provider

Metallica LE and Metallica Pro have different DOF setups becaause the LE has more features. LE rom is mtl_170h or hc while Pro rom is mtl_170.  So the prefix approach won't work, so you get the pull down rom option for MetallicA

why don't you use the  mtl_170h instead of 168?

I think both Arngrim and Rand would be able to make this change for you. I saw a almost similar case for change that Rand' did a while back. It is kind of the same issue I have for monopoly. For that table I would like monopolye to be a alternative. I haven't asked any of them to do this change though. For now I simply make a change myself to my local copy.

5 hours ago, arngrim said:

what is the monopoly alternative?
what is the issue with mtl 160?

Envoyé de mon SM-G800F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello Arngrim,

Sorry I meant to say mtl_164, 168 doesnt exist.  There is nothing wrong with the rom.

Some users have better luck using prior roms rather than the most recent.  In this case the 170 rom causes metallica to freeze up and it doesnt play well.  mtl_164 plays perfectly for me.  So if you are able to create custom table configs in our profiles, there should be an option, possibly a free text field, where you can add the name of the specific rom that you are using so the tool uses that name in the ini files.

Another request would be a section for future pinball addressable led support for pinballX,  This would allow  users to insert the attract effects for each table.  Today users can't use the up to date table mapping without manual manipulation.  The tool also wiped out custom future pinball entries for the attract effects in the config30 file.

I would think, all that would be needed is table name, table short name (equivalent to rom name as FP does not use roms) and the PF back PBX MX.  

38fa913ae5bf19c59070055b803ac814f6528ee5

Thanks for any consideration to these suggestions.

• Content Provider

i have added monopole alias for monopoly, and mtl164 and mtl164h for metallica ;)

for future pinball, what would be a romname for a fp table to make it work, you have a list of fp tables/romnames?

Thank you for your consideration Arngrim:)

Ok for future pinball, the table names have to matchup up in the tablemappings.xml and the future pinball.xml in Pinball X.

For example, I think Gremlins is only on Future pinball, so to get the addressable led attract effect to work, I added the table to the tablemappings.xml

<Mapping>
        <TableName>
Gremlins</TableName>
        <RomName>
disco</RomName>
    </Mapping>

Tablename matches description in PBX FP xml

<game name="GREMLINS PHYS 2_5(DOFlinx)">
        <description>
Gremlins</description>
        <rom></rom>
        <manufacturer></manufacturer>
        <year></year>
        <type></type>
        <hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
        <hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
        <enabled>True</enabled>
        <rating>0</rating>

I then just picked a VP table that had the effects already in place and put that as the rom name for Gremlins

$disco Yellow AL0 AW34 FU200 FD150 SHPDiamondPulse L3

The nice thing about this you could makeup your rom naming conventions such as FP-GREM.  The key is the user would have to match their description in PBX with your table name.

Would look something like this

e4a4a270451fbb0a66cd9a24c84db5fc594a7139

Here is a short list to start with, these games are not in your current list, which im assuming means they weren't ported over to VP.

Aliens Legacy
Batman Joker Edition
Blue Vs Pink
Bubble Bobble
Gremlins
Jaws
Knight Rider
Masters of the Universe
RetroFlair
Sonic the HedgeHog
The Goonies

• Content Provider

is it ok if i name like 

FP Gremlins table name

fp_gremlins rom name

i prefer rom names in lower case and in one word, that one is already in the configtool like that now

Yes the format of the rom name does not matter, as this is just the link to the table name.  For the attract effect it seems that the table name from the PBX is what is used to match the table name in the INI.

I tested the Gremlins line, and it does work, I have Gremlins as the table name in PBX, and it still recognized FP Gremlins as the correct table.  As long as there is a specific word match in the title seems to work, if it needs to be specific, I can just add FP to the title in the PBX game manager.

Tron also needs an alternate rom trn_174h

trn is not working unless i update the file to say trn_174h

The DOF works, but it doesn't pick up the attract effect unless the rom matches up,  Maybe it has something to do with the $pinballx area, trn by itself doesn't work, but when i change to trn_174h in the file it works.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived