Family Guy

I have all the other full-color roms looking AMAZING! Family guy seems to be off. The monkey is green. The Griffins are grey. The curtains are blueish. Now when try to rename the dat the game will crash. It will not even load. If I place the pal from the collection download is when I get the off colors and the game will run. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to all the guys putting work in on this! I am looking to start helping myself and follow in Sharky's and Lucky's 1 footsteps, big shoes to fill and some learning :-)

• 1 month later...

Same here. I can only get the patched rom to work by using the pin2dmd.exe /b fgy.dat command. Via vpinmame and the Colorize Rom option the vpinmame crashes. Does anyone have a solution to this? Is it vpinmame.dll related or pin2dmd firmware related? Thanks.

• Content Provider

Patch the rom as instructed.

Rename output to fg1200af.bin

Zip to fg_1200af.zip

Copy modified set to VPinMAME\roms folder

rename fgy.dat to pin2dmd.pal and copy to VPinMAME\altcolor\fg_1200af folder

Set game settings for fg_1200af to Ignore CRC ROM errors and enable Colorize DMD

Works for me. At least it did using freezy's dmddevice.dll a few months ago when my cab was functioning

The problem is not with virtual dmds but with the pin2dmd. Settings and patching steps are all done right. It just doesn't like running with the pal file. Does anyone have this one running with a pin2dmd device? Running the latest firmware 2.39.

Update : just upgraded to 2.41 and latest version of dmddevice.dll (2.40) but still doesn't work.

• Content Provider

Hi,

I have the same problem, I'm on 2.39 firmware. Without the .pal file it works fine, add the .pal file and it crashes, even if launching via vpiname test interface. It will also work fine with colourize unticked. Oh and obviously the colours are way off without the pal file.

Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Wob said:

Hi,

I have the same problem, I'm on 2.39 firmware. Without the .pal file it works fine, add the .pal file and it crashes, even if launching via vpiname test interface. It will also work fine with colourize unticked. Oh and obviously the colours are way off without the pal file.

Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Please try this pal file

pin2dmd.pal

• Content Provider

Frames for Shrek and POTC were colored using Pinball Browser. Beyond that I don't know what needs to be done to make the results compatible with freezy's dmddevice.dll. Leave a bug report at freezy's github repository if you want. I don't recall that these two ever looked good on virtual DMD, so these may have never worked correctly.

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Frames for Shrek and POTC were colored using Pinball Browser. Beyond that I don't know what needs to be done to make the results compatible with freezy's dmddevice.dll. Leave a bug report at freezy's github repository if you want. I don't recall that these two ever looked good on virtual DMD, so these may have never worked correctly.

These ROMs use inframe coding which is not supported by the dll from freezy

Archived