Banned Users

Do you see it? You see it as 6 uploads. I see it as hundreds of MegaDoclets I've created one by one, hundreds of videos and hundreds of hours that you summarize in 6 uploads.

FY? What do you mean by that? I can only think of one thing and hope it is not that. I do not understand that you delete the files, but I do not care, you do not annoy me, you annoy users.

Sometimes I get the feeling that I do not talk to adults.

If you see it only as 6 uploads seems great, I do not plan to make 500 uploads and 500 publications of each MegaDocklet separately, I prefer a single download and I value it more so, surely somebody else also appreciate it.

Lmao?

It would be nice if you did not use abbreviations with people who do not speak your language, even for a minimum of respect or common sense.

Victor. The VP community isn't very large.. I understand your intentions, but, you're making the community a disservice. We want to have a thriving community with users learning from each other. That is kind of the way it all works. Only by meeting up in the forums, discussing what we like or dislike are we going to evolve.

When you provide a complete set like this, we loose the potential visitors that are going to stay longer and begin to contribute, because they suddenly understand there is a real potential to improve this software ( or other resources ) ... or help others become such users. Yes, VP isn't the easiest of software to understand, but, then again - it is after all something that is in a state of change, almost on a daily basis if you count all the project that relies on the vpm code itself.

Please continue with your lovely blogs in Spanish, but stop the pack distribution you're doing.

• Content Provider

If you were distributing PinballX, that might actually be copyright theft!

Virtual Pinball is a small community and it only continues to exist because permission is received from authors before using code or resources, modding tables, or re-distributing on other websites. Credit is given where it is due. There is no legal basis for this, but ripping off the work of developers and table authors will lead them to not wanting to share their work with the public anymore. And some excellent contributors have left the scene entirely because of the behavior of users. In this case, grabbing up tables and packing them into a download robs the author of credit, an audience, and a way to receive feedback and encouragement to continue doing good work for the community. Good members don't do that to the contributors that are doing the work that you get to enjoy. Just because these people do it for free does not make it different than posting a crack of TPA on your site.

If the packs are gone then that's a good thing. The site looks really nice otherwise. Lots of good information. And that would be a shame not to have as a resource for your visitors.

Take PincabPassion, the French site, as an example of how to do it. They even asked permission to translate informational posts and tutorials that I had written. Permission was freely granted, of course. They link to original sources instead of re-distributing.

I don't see the big sites as being not friendly to non-English writers. @jpsalas is one of the legendary table authors. He's from Spain. Akiles2000 on VPF is a prolific dumper of roms from Spanish tables. There are Spanish speakers in the forums.

The pack is already deleted Talamus and from now on I will only report news and updates, there will be no downloads on my blog.

That is why I do not understand that I continue to crush,

I just want to continue enjoying Visual and helping those who ask me.

I've deleted everything and it will not happen again, there will be more packs and I would have done it earlier if I had been informed.

Victor you can have downloads! Just not everyone's unless they give permission. I think having vp.exe as example is a great download to host. But even vp I asked toxie and fuzzel if they were ok with me hosting it!

Hello carny

Of PinballX I put the link to PinballX to download the latest version, a manual in Spanish and all the stockings I have made or downloaded.

I recently uploaded almost 200 new desktop videos to the Gamex FTP.

I have already said that with Visual, now that what can not do what I have done, I will do as FX2 and TPA, only publish media and manuals.

It is great to have JPSalas, Akiles or Javier among others and a shame that forums are not supported in several languages and that these geniuses can answer there, because I personally more than once would have liked to ask, but if there is a Support forum, imagine JP answering hundreds of emails with the same question, in fact in the rules asks not to bother authors, to use support forums.

To randr I prefer not to answer previous comments as he continues with his mockery and lack of respect towards me, from a clear dominant position, mockery and lack of respect that I have never had towards him, nor do I intend to have them.

Or I'm misunderstanding or the translator does not do his job, here we can see the difficulties that I have, being computer, knowing your webs and having my pinball finished, now think of the new arrival.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, VictorPcTeknic said:

Hello carny

Of PinballX I put the link to PinballX to download the latest version, a manual in Spanish and all the stockings I have made or downloaded.

I recently uploaded almost 200 new desktop videos to the Gamex FTP.

I have already said that with Visual, now that what can not do what I have done, I will do as FX2 and TPA, only publish media and manuals.

It is great to have JPSalas, Akiles or Javier among others and a shame that forums are not supported in several languages and that these geniuses can answer there, because I personally more than once would have liked to ask, but if there is a Support forum, imagine JP answering hundreds of emails with the same question, in fact in the rules asks not to bother authors, to use support forums.

To randr I prefer not to answer previous comments as he continues with his mockery and lack of respect towards me, from a clear dominant position, mockery and lack of respect that I have never had towards him, nor do I intend to have them.

Or I'm misunderstanding or the translator does not do his job, here we can see the difficulties that I have, being computer, knowing your webs and having my pinball finished, now think of the new arrival.

Victor. Please log in using your original login. I will have to delete VictorPcTeknic as the system will find duplicates and ban them all.

Thank you Dazz.

I tried yesterday, but I still could not.

I also deleted from my blog another pack that had SAM tables.

If you see anything else that should not be, I would appreciate it if you told me to erase it.

I think I deleted everything, but there's something left.

I will also delete the Future pack, because I guess it will happen the same as with Visual and because that pack if it is obsolete because I have not used Future.

On 15/06/2017 at 0:15 AM, CarnyPriest said:

Take PincabPassion, the French site, as an example of how to do it. They even asked permission to translate informational posts and tutorials that I had written. Permission was freely granted, of course. They link to original sources instead of re-distributing.

Hi guys,

I'm one of the administrators of Pincab Passion.

First of all I don't want to charge Victor, I just want to explain our point of view regarding VP community's work.

I did and keep up-to-date a centralization topic of about 200 VPX tables at this moment, that's a huge mass of work but I really enjoy doing it ;)

I did a new version of the topic last april and it took me more than one month on my spare time to make detailled descriptive topics for each table.

Each links in these topics point to original websites' descriptive pages.

The media packs are made by myself (backglass and playfield videos are self-made video captures, other medias come from GameEx with credits on the main topic).

On the main topic the first thing you can see is VP websites logos containing links to subscription pages or homepages.

The topic is also reserved to active members, that means members who really contribute to our forum life. Members who just post 15 random messages just to access the topic are relegated to the inactive members category.

Every community is represented and we are pleased to have members such as Chucky87 (who made some dB2S you can download here), Neo (he modded some tables also available here) and Jimenez (he's actually working on a Guns n' Roses VPX WIP).

So our point of view is as following :

Our main and uncompromising website rule is respect. Respect of authors, creators, VP websites and everything turning around work made by passionated people.

That means no links to file hosting websites containing tables, medias, and whatever related VP files without a proof of original creator's approval (at this time we don't host any links of this kind as we prefer files being hosted officially especially on VPU).

We encourage our members to suscribe and support by the mean of their choice VPU, MBP and so on.

That also means (as you said Carny) asking permission before translating something for our website.

Because we think respecting others work is a primary rule if we want to continue to feed our pincabs with new tables, new medias, new dB2S, new versions of PinballX, VPX and so on.

On our Facebook page we had a member who distributed Future Pinball tables packs by torrent files and file hosting websites. I asked him if the authors allowed him to do so and he laughted at me.

So I removed his posts, he left our Facebook group and unsubscribed from our forum.

That's not the way we want to thank authors and creators.

Once again I don't want to charge Victor, I'm sure he's doing what he does from a good feeling and willing to serve his community, but at Pincab Passion we think it's the best way to discourage authors and creators from continuing to share their work.

Long life to virtual pinball and to all communities :)

Hi Shadowshd.

Respecting the decision of the authors I deleted the downloads, leaving only the manual and the medias and I am compressing it again to upload the ROMS, NvRams, Music, etc.

Everything except the tables and B2S, surely have less problems with AcDc, The Rollings, Metallica, Stern, Williams or Gottlieb than for sharing tables and B2S.

I have been called on the phone or commented on the blog several users, regretting this decision and all agree that if already by itself, in Spain there is little hobby to pinball, this will make it even more difficult.

Some have also commented that if there were already one or two people who were selling the pack downloaded from my website for free, now that they will not be able to download, what is going to be more people selling the pack.

Nobody in Spain is going to make 3000 or 5000 downloads to make a pack of 350 tables, they will continue looking for a pack, and they will download it, free or paying, can not be taught to who does not want to learn.

-------------------

Hola shadowshd.

Respetando la decisión de los autores borré la descargas, dejando solo el manual y las medias y lo estoy comprimiendo de nuevo para subir las ROMS, NvRams, Música, etc

Todo excepto las tablas y B2S, seguramente tenga menos problemas con AcDc, The Rollings, Metallica, Stern, Williams o Gottlieb que por compartir tablas y B2S.

Me han llamado por teléfono o comentado en el blog varios usuarios, lamentando esta decisión y todos coinciden que si ya de por si, en España hay poca afición al pinball, esto lo dificultará aun más.

Algunos también han comentado que si ya había una o dos personas que estaban vendiendo el pack descargado desde mi web gratuitamente, ahora que no se podrá descargar, lo que va a haber es más gente vendiendo el pack.

Nadie en España va a hacer 3000 o 5000 descargas para hacerse un pack de 350 mesas, seguirán buscando un pack, y lo descargarán, gratis o pagando, no se puede enseñar a quien no quiere aprender.

I understand your point of view and how hard it is for you to conciliate everything.

But believe me - because it happened on our forum with authors of medias - when some authors send you a PM saying they want their work to be shared only by PM because they don't know if their work is appreciated because they get no feedback (positive as negative), no thanks and want to stop because they feel like they're working on their spare time for nothing, then you tell to yourself that something wrong is happening and have, as an admin of a website, to do something to make them continue to create, share and enjoy.

Then you realize that it's not fair for authors that their work get redistributed without them being aware of how and where. Authors and creators should know how much fans they have ;)

To be honest in the beginning I started to share individual packs I made (table + dB2S + ROM + medias) but a few days later I told to myself "wait, what the f*ck are you doing ? Imagine you're a table creator and fall on ready-to-use packs of your tables without being asked before ? What would you do ? Stop sharing your work and/or making new tables and basta !". Then I deleted every link to packs and replaced them with links to official VP websites.

I now made individual packs for myself as a backup solution in case I need to reformat my SSD.

I think that the most important thing to remember is that if we want to continue to add new tables, medias, dB2S and so on in our machines, then we (I mean members of our websites) should sign up to VPU and others VP communities and click on the Like button after downloading.

It's important for authors to know how their work is appreciated to give them the desire to continue ;)

Acting like this I had the honor to beta-test the VPX10.2 All In One package the day before official release (thanks Toxie :)), it's very pleasant believe me ;)

I understand and respect it, even if I do not think the same.

I do not care if they share my work freely, because if I did it is to share it and so that everyone who wants it can use it and distribute it.

I was considering making a complete set of B2S for two monitors in which the dmd gap is respected even though I use three monitors.

In this way users of two monitors will be able to place without difficulty both the Ultra DMD, and the External DMD as the VPinMAME DMD.

At present, the DMD gap varies greatly in position and size, making it impossible for all Ultra DMD and External DMD to be well positioned since they are not positioned separately.

If I do this work and I hit two or three months or 6, the time it takes, I do not care, I do not mind sharing freely in any web.

Mentioning me or not mentioning me, it's all the same to me, I'll watch a video and say ... that's what I did, and that's enough for me.

I know it's my job and I will post it on my blog and on all the websites I frequent, but I do not care if someone else posts them on other websites that I do not frequent.

I am not going to publish it on a German, French, Chinese, etc website, if someone does it for me, because he liked my work and it accompanies him with some manual, it seems great.

And that is my point of view, that is not going to change, but even though I weigh, I will respect the decision of the authors of the tables and the b2s.

---------------

Lo entiendo y lo respeto, aunque no piense igual.

A mi no me importa que compartan mi trabajo libremente, porque si lo hice es para compartirlo y para que todo el que quiera pueda usarlo y distribuirlo.

Me estaba planteando hacer un juego completo de B2S para dos monitores en los que se respete el hueco del dmd pese a que yo uso tres monitores.

De esta forma los usuarios de dos monitores podrán colocar sin problemas tanto el Ultra DMD, como el External DMD como el VPinMAME DMD.

Actualmente, el hueco del DMD varía mucho de posición y tamaño, lo que imposibilita que todos los Ultra DMD y External DMD queden bien posicionados ya que estos no se posicionan por separado.

Si yo hago este trabajo y me pego dos o tres meses o 6, el tiempo que tarde, me da igual, a mi no me importa que los compartan libremente en cualquier web.

Mencionándome o sin mencionarme, me da lo mismo, yo veré un vídeo y dire... ese lo he hecho yo, y con eso me basta.

Yo se que es mi trabajo y lo publicaré en mi blog y en todas las webs que frecuento, pero no me importa que otra persona los publique en otras webs que yo no frecuento.

Yo no lo voy a publicar en una web Alemana, Francesa, China, etc, si alguien lo hace por mi, porque le ha gustado mi trabajo y encima lo acompaña con algún manual, me parece estupendo.

Y ese es mi punto de vista, eso no va a cambiar, pero aunque me pese,  respetaré la decisión de los autores de las mesas y los b2s.

Archived