Backglass/DMD questions after pinballX upgrade

SNParray

No wonder this isn't working. screenres.txt and pinballx have different info and well - to be honest your screenres.txt looks crazy to me.

I doubt these settings are correct, but, give them a try. You really should read and try to follow what I posted earlier about adjusting the screenres.txt file - the ref. that goes to vpforum.

change 600 to 1357

200 to 365 and you should at least be a bit more familiar with the outcome I guess. Thats what you have in pinballx.

from your original screenres.txt - you don't state that you have 3 screens at all. Not even telling what monitor the backglass is running on.

Ok so I got the right dimensions. The issue is just like in PinballX the directb2s image is now in my DMD. So here is a story, when I cloned my hard drive and rebooted for my computer said "cannot detect monitor." The one it couldn't detect was my monitor 2. Now images will go up on there from pinballX but virtual pin thinks my DMD is my monitor 2?

Yes, your correct. What I believe has happened is that your monitors have changed places in windows when you had the monitor problem. You need to go to desktop - got to screen properties and probably shuffle them around so your 3 display becomes # 2 and the other way around.

If I can add my 2c worth.

In your original post, you mentioned that "I was able to unselect hide backglass". How did you do that?

The reason i ask is that there is a "tag" that you can use in the table list XML file in PinballX called <HideBackGlass>. This is used so when you run a table PinballX keeps displaying its Backglass image. If you have all your tables set up to do that then the backglass image will probably be sitting on top of the B2S backglass.

5 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Damn, good catch.

I run a fairly low spec PC so I need to disable the dB2S on some of the beefier tables so they run better. Rather than have no backglass at all, disabling the Hide Backglass at least gives me a static backglass for those tables. :)

Thalamus,

Buddy i got it!!!! My monitor was not recognized right after I updated pinballX and it messed up my ScreenRes.exe. I read all your recommended posts and figured out the answer. This is important because if this ever happens to anyone else or for anyone that has a cabinet from VPCabs the settings below are what you need. The tricky part which I still can't quite understand is that in line 6 of the exe. you have to offset the backglass by 1920 pixels. You should also put 1920 by 1080 into pinballX for all monitors at X=O and Y=O.

Thank you everyone for you patience and help! I'm a little excited cause this is the hardest problem I have ever resolved on a PC. I feel there is hope.

Justin

IMG_4356.JPG

I'm glad you managed to resolve it. Good job. I find these cases being not the easiest to resolve. Its not like I see what you problem are, and there is a lot of ways to setup a PC to play VP on. Your pictures helped a lot. Now, enjoy your cabinet once again. And a tip. Take a backup of screenres.txt - well, maybe you don't need since its here as a pic now ;-)

Archived