Black Screen on DMD instead of PIN2DMD after X minutes...

Hello,

I am looking for a solution but didn't find it yet. I would like to know if there's a way to get pin2dmd going in sleep mode if we don't play pinball. The situation is, I play pinball on an arcade cabinet so there's pinball games but there's arcade game too.

If we power up the arcade but don't play pinball games, we have still the Virtual Pinball Pin2DMD displayed on the DMD. I would like to have a black screen instead to get the logo for hours... (ex, after 2 or 5 minutes of inactivity, the Pin2DMD message disappear until we play a pinball game). 2 reasons : Playing arcade game and having pinball message on the top isn't relevant, and because I think having the same LED lighted for hours could damaged them after month of use I guess..

If it's possible, could you explain me how to proceed? 

Thanks,

Have a great day!

Depending on what Fronten you use you could also load a matching marquee to your arcade games! ;)

Use Pin2dmd.exe /i nameofyour image.pbm

You can find sample images in the pin2dmd.exe folder

If that's not possible then just load a single black image on starting arcade mode!

Dom

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, ChrisLIX said:

Hello,

My frontend is GameEx, I will take a look about this., Thanks :)

Hey Chris.
I use a small batch file for my PinballX setup.
Attached is a zip with the .BAT files and also converted to EXE files, because it is more easy to load the EXE file in the frontend.
Unzip the files in the Pin2DMD Tool folder and you can test them out.
When you like to use them, you can put it n the start before commando in your GameEx setup for the specific emulator.

regards
Sascha

Pin2DMD Tool batch to exe.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived