Issues with Ironman 2 & AC/DC

shiftysamurai

Hello all,

Main issue:

I'm having some issues with a couple of Stern tables since upgrading Vpmame to the Stern'd version of 2.8. I had to rename the ROMs and edit the script call in a few tables, and they all run fine except for Ironman 2, which is giving me the "Rom not found" with im2_160 & im2_183, but even if I rename the archives to im_160 or im_183 it still isn't loading. Is there another step that I am missing? Do I need to rename the files inside of the ROM as well?

Second issue (just for fun):

I can't get AC/DC to run from inside of PinballX. It will start almost without fail through PM5 (I have to disable BS2 and set textures to low, but it always starts and plays), Is there a way to view an error log for PM5? This table is amazing, and I really want to show it off, but it crashes back to PinballX whenever it is launched.

Third Issue (current workaround is acceptable):

Mustang LE for VPX throws a .NET exception error when I run it with B2s, no matter what B@s I run it with. I currently have PBX set to just display a static image as the backglass and it is working.

• 3 weeks later...

Which version of Iron Man? There is a newer 030417a to maybe try now.   [assuming that's 3/4/17 release after this post]  Uses im2_183 rom, just checked it myself.   Get the 183 here and just do the rename in the Table Script to im2_183 and rename the zip and the bin file within, test just fine for me.

That Iron Man I recall they changed the ROM name at some point, usually for sure it's listed fairly early in the table's script window.   My own notes say it's called im_160 for the one that came out in Dec. 2016.

You can also test/view the proper ROM & check what you have inside of VPinMAME's setup.exe, that's what I do to figure out the occasional ROM hiccup.

PinballX I can't speak to, I am DT only,  if you have to go to low textures, try other AC/DC tables/variants, and different VPX versions, there are many 10.x versions and not always compatible with new tables or vice versa.   I usually start with 10.2 build 2806.

Backglass wise, they are a pain in the neck, I try to avoid them since I am DT player, but it's usually a .vbs script issue, the BG reg app needs rerun, or a missing file like ScreenRes.txt

Since it mentions the .Net I would at least reinstall that if it is mentioning a specific version.

..and it could be not using up to date vpinmame.dll...  one from Dec 29th 2016 attached.

vpinmame.dll

Archived